Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Note 8 input please. :)

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Note 8 input please. :)

Hello everybody! It's been a bit since I have been here, good to post again.

I was looking at the Note 8 and was hoping y'all could give a little input about it. I'm looking for the following if possible.
    Call clarity -- How well do you hear the conversation and also how do you sound to others?
    Reception -- how well does it pull signal whether in buildings or out in the sticks?
    Overall Function --Just general thoughts of how it performs, and does it get very hot if hot at all?
    Camera --How is the camera? Does the 2x zoom really help?

I am looking for how this device works as a "phone" first and foremost. My second concern is the camera. I don't carry a camera, and the phone camera is always with me.

Thank you all for your time and any help you can provide.

Best regards,

DeJa Vu

EDIT: I forgot one part. Can you please state if you are using an unlocked phone. I'm looking at the unlocked models. I may change my mind, but that is my plan for now.

Name:  a5f5b0f7fd5aa5633c20c4c9de12235e--old-phone-old-school-phone.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  22.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DeJavu; 11-07-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4231 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Hands down best phone I've ever had. Clarity and call volume are great! Camera is phenomenal. Signal seems on par with most any other device. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    DeJavu, condor97 and CR6 like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    3581 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Condor had an interesting post comparing he an his wife's note 8s both on T-Mobile. A bad sim card in one was really causing poor cell service. Sim card replacement worked wonders. Just keep that in mind if you ever have issues with any phone.

That said, I'll defer since I've been on a pixel for a while.

Good to hear from you and get a legit phone question. Being on a diet, it's a welcome distraction from Miller's, Tony's, and Chris' food posts.

I kid guys.

No I don't. I'm starving. Ugh.
    DeJavu, VoiceGuy and condor97 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. I'm using my older V10 (Verizon) on T-Mobile for now. It's ok but not great. I'm not sure yet. I will most likely get a "new" older device unless the new ones get a great sale on them. The current price is too much for me.

Member #
    Liked
    5970 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Sorry, Spodoc! I saw your comment after I just posted the pie pic. I admire you for sticking to your diet. I could stand to lose a few pounds but I haven't made up my mind to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VoiceGuy; 11-07-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    1749 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I'm in the same boat with Miller on this one. Best phone I ever had. All of the points you mentioned, it is the best I've ever experienced.

On a side note, my son is using my wife's old AT&T S6 on TMobile. It gets pretty bad reception on T-Mobiles network. My old OnePlus One doesn't even get a signal out where I live. I think you may be surprised at how your reception improves of you end up with either the TMobile or the unlocked version.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

Last edited by condor97; 11-08-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    3581 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceGuy View Post
    Sorry, Spodoc! I saw your comment after I just posted the pie pic. I admire you for sticking to your diet. I could stand to lose a few pounds but I haven't made up my mind to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I'm just teasing. It's not a diet anymore. I have total control over what I eat. I'm at 15% body fat right now but poor distribution of fat. At my age it's concentrated in the abs and lower back. I'm very lean elsewhere. I'm trying a cut to see if I can get sub 10% fat and lose the slight but of jiggle left. I have a faint ab outline right now so getting close.

I'm trying to hit this hard up to Thanksgiving. After years of working on this, I'm down about 70 lbs fat and up about 10 lb muscle for a net of 50-60 lbs lost. Size 36-38 to 30-31.

The formula has been easy (tons meat, cut out carbs) but the hardest part is here you strip off the fat and realize your size was not due to muscle. Absent the fat, most guys look like boys. It takes a lot of weight lifting to put on even small amounts of muscle.

Member #
    Liked
    3581 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by DeJavu View Post
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. I'm using my older V10 (Verizon) on T-Mobile for now. It's ok but not great. I'm not sure yet. I will most likely get a "new" older device unless the new ones get a great sale on them. The current price is too much for me.
    Is TMobile still doing BOGO? Are there any black Friday sales?

Member #
    Liked
    9950 times
    Device
    other
    What's up Deja!? Nice to see you.

I, well my better half rather, feels the exact same as Miller.... Best phone she's ever used hands down. It does everything great!

Well, except work with older Bluetooth speakers/headsets. It has BT 5.0 and for some reason it won't work on any of her BT speakers or headsets. Hopefully a software update can resolve the problem. It's frustrating because we have some nice speakers that are now gathering dust.
    Other than that it's a sweet device and I now wish I would have held out for one. It's ok though as I'm VERY happy with my S8+. Amazing battery life, phone & best camera I've ever owned.

Good luck with your decision. 2017 has definitely been a great year for smartphones regardless of manufacturer.

Member #
    Liked
    4231 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    What's up Deja!? Nice to see you.

I, well my better half rather, feels the exact same as Miller.... Best phone she's ever used hands down. It does everything great!

Well, except work with older Bluetooth speakers/headsets. It has BT 5.0 and for some reason it won't work on any of her BT speakers or headsets. Hopefully a software update can resolve the problem. It's frustrating because we have some nice speakers that are now gathering dust.
    Other than that it's a sweet device and I now wish I would have held out for one. It's ok though as I'm VERY happy with my S8+. Amazing battery life, phone & best camera I've ever owned.

Good luck with your decision. 2017 has definitely been a great year for smartphones regardless of manufacturer.
    What do you mean older BT devices? I have a jabra headset that's at least 10 years old that works fine with my Note 8....

condor97 and JD_Racer_Dad like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads