Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Note 8 input please. :)

Member #
    Liked
    3691 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I have a Logitech H800 headset I got for $20 on BF years ago. I like Bluetooth for the lack of cord, but honestly the last thing I want in my life is one more thing to keep track of. Having to hunt down the charger and make sure they are charged is just that extra hassle i don't want. Plugging in instead seems so much more simple.

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I probably should have specified. I actually love Bluetooth, when it comes to remote speakers. I use it in my car and at home. I just don't put Bluetooth headphones/earbuds on any more. I'm ultra paranoid about ready waves these days. Probably over reacting, but better safe than sorry I figure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    JD_Racer_Dad likes this.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    596 times
    Yeah, somebody told me that they will discover that it causes memory loss. That's ridiculous! I mean... Wait what are we talking about again?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    pchain, condor97 and JD_Racer_Dad like this.

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Device
    other
    Condor, I'm with you on the Bluetooth and the generated fields. It's not just Bluetooth, there are a bunch of studies on our Wifi to the point you can by timers to shut them off when you're sleeping to reduce your exposure. Some others come from motors, like refrigerators. Then poorly grounded and/or non shielded electrical wiring. There some other sources too.

I have to take continuing education hours for licenses in my career field and as I'm semi retired I take stuff I don't need for work, well because I'm semi retired.
    So I look for stuff of interest like what waves we are bombarded with in our house, work place etc.

Pretty scary stuff, that's worse for some more so than others. It's a little like those who cannot take a shower in chlorinated water. There are more of those people out there than you might think. Most don't want to talk about it. I can't drink my tab water because it wipes out the natural stuff in my stomach. We are real near the tower where the water is treated and some can smell it when you run water in the sink.

The whole wave deal is really bad for some people but most are not noticeably affected but that's no solace for those that are. The symptoms are not generally traced to this issue unless maybe as a last resort.

I still use my Bluetooth for a hands free with my phone but don't wear it unless I'm on a call. And yes I leave my wifi on, but don't have any of the illness symptoms either.
    The one thing that I took away from the training I took this year and last besides those two things for me was to not keep your phone under your pillow at night (I don't anyway) and not on the night stand next to your bed. Several feet away if it must be on or its your alarm, is better.

Tinfoil hat I'm not but we are bombarded. The 5G future will be no wires in the street for TV, internet or phone, so more in the air waves.
    condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Yeah I have become more conscious of that kind of stuff lately. No way to fix it, but maybe reduce our minimize it.

I thought I would leave this here for any thinking of the note 8 or similar. Majority of the SOT was Netflix streaming at low light levels (yeah I'm binging a bit lol ). No power saving enabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    JD_Racer_Dad, rocer and CR6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4372 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    My battery life has been a little flaky recently. I debating backing up and doing an FDR today.

With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    10012 times
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by condor97 View Post
    Yeah I have become more conscious of that kind of stuff lately. No way to fix it, but maybe reduce our minimize it.

I thought I would leave this here for any thinking of the note 8 or similar. Majority of the SOT was Netflix streaming at low light levels (yeah I'm binging a bit lol ). No power saving enabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    That's really good!
    I'm still getting 5+ hours of SOT on my S8+ with heavy use, no battery saving features turned on and with brightness set to just under medium.
    This screen shot was from yesterday. It's almost 1:30pm right now and my battery is sitting at 78% right now. Not too shabby.

Sent from my S8+

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I think Sammy found the magic battery equation.

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    I've never had a phone with front speakers but feel I would really like it..

I wish they'd go back to the vibrate mechanism they used in the Note 7. I'm in loud environments most of the time I can't hear my phone on my hip so I rely on the vibrate... The Note 7 almost rattled my teeth when it rang. The Note 8 not so much....

Quote Originally Posted by rocer View Post
    The dual speaker mod on my S7 Edge works pretty good. Whenever the speaker is on, the headset speaker is also on. It's not two equal speakers but works pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Ha! So Samsung took that mod you have, Rocer, and Incorporated it into the S9....

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...leak-confirmed

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Ads