Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Note 8 input please. :)

Member #
    Liked
    3581 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I gave my S3 away. I have a Nexus 6 that needs screen replacement. Too dang expensive right now. Still close to $200.
    condor97, VoiceGuy and CR6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1749 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Ummm yeah...

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/09/...-availability/

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Hey JD, good idea. I never thought of trying Ebay. I have never used Ebay though. I'm going to try and wait for some of the Black Friday and Christmas sales. I would think someone would offer a decent sale on phones. I'm still leaning towards an unlocked phone. I want options to try different carriers and not have to get a new phone to use them. I really don't want to shell out the $$ for new phones since they still have issues out of the box. Some I can live with, but some are not acceptable. Just like the issue Condor is having with his wife's phone. 15 days is just not enough time to really evaluate a device. Thanks all for the input.

DeJa vu
    CR6, JD_Racer_Dad and condor97 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Device
    other
    DeJavu, I'm with ya. I bought mine from a re-seller selling many not an individual with only one. And it was new in the box unwrapped. Now that still doesn't fix the Condor deal with being able to go back to a local store front. For me the price difference was worth the problem.
    Although with Verizon I have been able go there and get sym cards without buying the phone there.

This board is full of some of the best folks when it comes to phones of all types and fun. And well all types of life stuff. g
    So they might have a broader take on this but the phones I've looked at when changing from one provider to another don't always use or work on the 4G side but claim they work because you can talk and use 3G.

I know you want to be sure the 4G works with whom ever you chose to try. As I understand it Verizon Unlocked is not the same as an AT&T Unlocked and maybe I've said that wrong. They have a model number which helps define which one it is.

Oh and I still have my old S3 sitting here as a backup and much like CR6 I also have a bunch of electronics, like 3 1/2 drives sitting next to a 5 1/4. The 1/4 and the 1/2 maybe mixed up. Then the zip drive and piles of old cables. And you never know when I'll need my Dos 3 disks or the never used Windows 2.0 disks I had to buy for my son when he went in the AF. It requires dual floppy drives like some Dos brothers at the time, one for the program and one for the data (no hard drive, no data on PC). That was a useless system before the 3.0 fixes much like Vista to 7 or Windows 8 to 10. Well old guy back to his coffee and cold weather some of you so kindly sent our way. g
    condor97 and DeJavu like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1749 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Here are some battery shots for ya. I would say over half of that screen on time was streaming and game playing. Still have plenty of room left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    DeJavu likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Hey Condor, was this just using the stock battery app?
    @JD, I thought I was the only one that still had 5 1/4 disks?

My V10 on TMO has become more picky on working these days. I have not verified, but here in WA. since they claim to have shut down the 1900 band, I get a lot of no network period. I normally have to reboot to get something going again. One thing that is nice though. Since my phone is a Verizon phone, and my GSM 4G does not work, I can switch to LTE/CDMA and get good 4G. I can receive texts in this mode but not send texts or receive/make phone calls. So, it's not horrible.

One last note: I have been reading some reviews on the Note 8. Funny that hardly anybody seems to talk about call quality. They just talk about the other features of the phone and the camera. So, I'm glad everyone here seems to feel their call quality is good, and with good reception!
    Hopefully a sale will happen upon us and I can pick this up. I suppose if not, I may just get a V20 unlocked.

Have a terrific day everybody!
    condor97 and JD_Racer_Dad like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1749 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Quote Originally Posted by DeJavu View Post
    Hey Condor, was this just using the stock battery app?
    @JD, I thought I was the only one that still had 5 1/4 disks?

My V10 on TMO has become more picky on working these days. I have not verified, but here in WA. since they claim to have shut down the 1900 band, I get a lot of no network period. I normally have to reboot to get something going again. One thing that is nice though. Since my phone is a Verizon phone, and my GSM 4G does not work, I can switch to LTE/CDMA and get good 4G. I can receive texts in this mode but not send texts or receive/make phone calls. So, it's not horrible.

One last note: I have been reading some reviews on the Note 8. Funny that hardly anybody seems to talk about call quality. They just talk about the other features of the phone and the camera. So, I'm glad everyone here seems to feel their call quality is good, and with good reception!
    Hopefully a sale will happen upon us and I can pick this up. I suppose if not, I may just get a V20 unlocked.

Have a terrific day everybody!
    Yep it sure was. I had it on the "mid" battery saving profile most of the day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads