Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Your next device....?

Member #
    Liked
    1309 times

Your next device....?

I try so hard not to have a wandering eye, but once I have a device over a year, even when it's a great device, I start to get excited about the thought of getting something new and shiny. I know I can't be alone suffering from this affliction. It makes no sense....there's nothing wrong with my current device, in fact it's the best one I've ever had. I'm thinking about firing up my old S3 to help appreciate my current device. But I know it won't help, nothing ever does. I am resigned to reading everything possible about new devices, keeping on top of leaked specs and doing tons of insane research, weighing the pros and cons of each feature, etc and so forth. This is a sickness. The cycle repeats itself over and over....can I break the cycle, or should it even be broken at all? lol

So... saying all of that... I know we just started 2016, but what device do you think you'll be getting next?

For me I am very interested in the S7 edge - totally looking forward to its launch!
    Last edited by pchain; 02-12-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9796 times
    Device
    other
    IMO, the cycle should never be broken! It's a healthy sickness afterall. While I'm always looking at the "latest & greatest", I've come to the realization that, while even though I'd like to purchase a new device each year, waiting every 2 years gives me the best user experience. Typically, the hardware upgrades from year to year (while noticeable) aren't really significant enough for me to spend the money on. The S7 is my year! I'm SO glad Samsung came to their senses with this device. TBH, I was not impressed with the S6 at all. (Although the S6 Edge is a beautiful device) I thought they tried way too hard to make too many changes to what was a already great device. I'm so happy they brought back water & dust resistance & the micro sd card. The processor will be amazing and super fast with 4gb ram, and the camera is supposed to be even better than the S6, which is still one of the best smartphone cameras on the market. On top of all this, its supposed to be released 50 bucks cheaper than the S6.
    I haven't been this excited about a new device since, well... my S5. Which btw, I'm still crazy about!

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    1309 times
    Honestly, the only thing about the S7 I wish it had were dual front speakers. It really does make a huge difference to me, but yeah, my heart is pretty much headed back towards Samsung at some point this year...
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1693 times
    Device
    other
    Does a walker count? I hear Miller is in the market..

(ha ha...I kill me!)
    From the land of perpetual cloudiness....Michigan

Member #
    Liked
    4131 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    I'm waiting on the Note 6 myself

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    pchain, dennyjones and CR6 like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    9796 times
    Device
    other
    D wants a Note this time. She's been using a stylus on her S3 & S5 for years and is ready to step up to a larger device.

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    1309 times
    I've been considering the Note 6 as well, not sure if I can wait until Q3 though! If I were disciplined enough, I should wait because then I'd have my current phone for two years which was my original goal. Wouldn't feel guilty about upgrading then. lol I do like the size of the Note 5, I am assuming the Note 6 won't be any larger. The S7 edge is 5.5 inches which is a good size. I can't see myself using a stylus very much on the Note....

Member #
    Liked
    9796 times
    Device
    other
    Yeah, it's been a struggle waiting on the S7. I can't imagine waiting 6 more months for the latest Note, that would be way too painful!

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    5854 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Having just upgraded from the S3 to a Nexus 6 it will be quite some time before I get a new device. I'll probably always look for a great deal on the tech that's a year or two old. Used may also be the way we go after the good experience we had buying a phone for my oldest. All that said, I will continue to keep my eye on the new devices. It's always fun to dream!
    CR6 likes this.
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    1693 times
    Device
    other
    When the kids were home, they always got the latest and greatest tech. I followed and the SO trailed. We lived vicariously thru their experiences. Things are different since we are empty nesters.
    CR6 likes this.
    From the land of perpetual cloudiness....Michigan

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads