Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Your next device....?

Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I'm not going to bite. My UDP is fine for now. This plan is a sign of things to come. We will see better data plans down the road. Verizon and others are trending towards more data for less and that's good for us.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spodoc View Post
    I'm not going to bite. My UDP is fine for now. This plan is a sign of things to come. We will see better data plans down the road. Verizon and others are trending towards more data for less and that's good for us.
    I think your right. I was going to jump on this right away, but realizing the price wars have just begun, I will wait. Oh and the second thing is I checked and my bill would actually go up $30 a month were I to put my lines on the new plan from my old UDP plan. Crazy.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Device
    other
    The next big change will be 5G. And eventually many areas what was cable will be over the air via your plan.

Member #
    Liked
    7991 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I ordered a Galaxy S7 from AT&T tonight as an upgrade of my Galaxy Note ll, which has become virtually unusable, other than as a phone. Should be here by Thursday and I reluctantly will turn this phone into a wifi only occasional device. This thing has worked well for a LONG time but its become extremely slow and prone to frequent freeze ups which necessitate battery pulls and the time has come to get a new phone. My main phone has been the Note 3 with the older Note ll as a backup/relief pitcher but the Note 3 is showing its age and will need to be replaced too in time. Anyway, I'm buying my first new phone in years and I'm kind of excited!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    pchain, VoiceGuy and Miller6386 like this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Will have my pixel XL in hand in just a few hours
    UltraDroid likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Name:  IMG_20170215_163256.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  2.44 MB

Edit: Bootloader unlocked via depixel8 and pure nexus installed. Nougat has a neat utility that lets you plug your old phone in and it grabs the phone history, text messages, etc and moves them to the new phone. The pixel shipped with a USB adapter that allowed you to take any a normal usb A/B cable and connect to the pixel via type c. Copying stuff from my old moto x.
    Last edited by spodoc; 02-15-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    VoiceGuy, pchain and JD_Racer_Dad like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    So the pixel XL is big and heavy. My Nexus 6 was bigger but lighter. I'll stay with it because the battery is huge and the regular pixel has too small of a screen. But yeah, "premium materials" means heavy aluminum instead of light glass. The heft gives you an initial impression of quality but it makes one handed use, even two handed use more tiring.

Member #
    Liked
    5972 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by spodoc View Post
    So the pixel XL is big and heavy. My Nexus 6 was bigger but lighter. I'll stay with it because the battery is huge and the regular pixel has too small of a screen. But yeah, "premium materials" means heavy aluminum instead of light glass. The heft gives you an initial impression of quality but it makes one handed use, even two handed use more tiring.
    I didn't mind the heft the month I used it. Maybe it reminded me of the extra weight using an S3 with a Zerolemon battery for so long. My only criticism is the speaker placement. It's right where my pinkie finger rested when holding it one-handed, causing the sound to be muffled.
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Well, for $480 I won't complain. It's got 128 gb storage and about 6 hr screen time, which is 3x greater than my moto X. It does not pocket as well and I can see myself wanting a smaller phone later. I probably should have opted for the smaller pixel. We'll see. If I give it to the wife this summer then I'll swear off large screen phones and stick to 5". I had a GS3 and loved it. Moved to a S4 and loved it. Then I went to an OG moto X and loved it. Each ran stock android. Then I got the N6 and almost loved it. It was just too big to carry every day. I went to a 2014 moto X and loved the small size. I really think 5" screen is for me and these larger phones are just a tad too big. I think a Note would be fun to try since they pack such a large screen in such a small package. But, since the GS3, I haven't spent more than a few hundred on a phone.

One thing though, the camera on this is very nice. It takes amazing photos in good light, is fast to focus and capture, and is a pretty solid performer in low light. I think I just wish it were made of plastic to be lighter like the Nexus 5x. Again, can't beat the price though.

You know, I really miss the early days of the S3 and flashing roms. That was fun and exciting.

Edit: so apparently I can't do math. The phone costs $480, not $240. Welp. Still a good deal.
    Last edited by spodoc; 02-17-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    CR6 and VoiceGuy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1749 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Where did you get it for 480? That is a good deal.

My 6p is probably bigger/heavier. It took a bit to get used to, but I don't even think about it anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads