Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Your next device....?

Member #
    Liked
    3804 times
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    It's a crying shame that the Note 7 is so unreliable! I'm sure it's a super phone and I hope Samsung will go on producing Notes in spite of everything!

But for now (and a couple of years ahead - I hope) my S7E and I are very happy together ❤

S7E swyped☇
    CR6 likes this.
    "Minds are like parachutes ... they only function when open"

Member #
    Liked
    4185 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Nothing unreliable about mine... Other than the cracked screen....

Samsung Note 7.5
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    3804 times
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Nothing unreliable about mine... Other than the cracked screen....

Samsung Note 7.5
    You're one of the lucky ones ... Good for you 👍👍👍

S7E swyped☇
    Miller6386 likes this.
    "Minds are like parachutes ... they only function when open"

Member #
    Liked
    9878 times
    Device
    other
    Miller's right, there's certainly nothing "unreliable" about the device, it's one of the reasons we have no problem keeping it. The fact that no problems have been reported since all the negative press, along with our own positive experience, means odds are in our favor it will be just fine until the Note 8 arrives.
    I only wish I would have grabbed one before they stopped selling them.
    I'm perfectly happy with my S7E though.

S7 Edge tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    5946 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    My wife has been using an S3 since the first week it was out. It has served her well but it's really starting to show it's age. She saved some Christmas money and has tasked me with researching what her next phone should be. We'd prefer to buy a new or used phone outright and not make monthly payments. My wife is what I'd call a casual smartphone user. She wants a smaller phone. Facebook, web browsing, emails, phone calls, and texting are what she does most. She doesn't take many pictures. After much Googling I'm thinking the Motorola Moto G4 Play is the way to go. It's only $150 on Amazon. There is a $100 version for Amazon Prime members but it puts ads on the lock screen. I'm thinking the extra $50 is worth it to not have to try and find some way to remove the ads later when they annoy my wife. It's basically the same width as the S3, a little thicker, and just a tad taller. The camera specs are pretty much the same. It runs Marshmallow (with Nougat planned) which would be a big jump from the Jellybean on the S3 that she's used to. The battery is removable and it has micro-sd expandable storage up to 128GB. Like the S3 it uses a micro-sim so we should be able to pop it in and be good to go. Am I missing something? This seems like the best device at the best price for my wife's needs. Anyone had any experience with one... or have a different device you think we should consider?
    Last edited by VoiceGuy; 01-29-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Device
    other
    VoiceGuy, I moved up from the S3 to an S5 last year. So not to much adjustment. Sounds like I use mine like your wife. I have a dash mount and use the maps when leaving the area.
    I used EBay and bought new in an unopened box for $200.00. You have to watch because some are refurbished or used and say new. It came with a couple extras like screen protectors and a car charger. They were not in the box but extra from the seller (new).
    I did the search and saved to email. So I get and email every morning with a list of new S5s. They are still at that price, maybe a dollar or so less sometimes. They had started to drop and came back up when the Note 7 had it's issues.
    The sym card and memory are the same, just moved them over. Seeing your reviews, I'm sure you are familiar, grin.
    It uses a different charger plug. I found adapters for under $2.00 and bought a bunch. I have one in every car, daughter and wife's phone use the S3 style (mini? can't remember name) so I can use their charger, works fine.
    VoiceGuy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4185 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Well due to some sudden changes I had to drop down to an iPhone 5s for the time being... I really don't care for it... It is SO SO SO small compared to my Note 7. I do like how iOs handles some things but for the most part I really miss Android.. I had to switch service providers causing me to lose the number I had for 10 or 12 years which is really annoying... But I am moving ahead with it all... I am actually looking for a decent deal on a Note 4 for AT&T to use until the Note 8 comes out...
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    9878 times
    Device
    other
    That's a bummer Miller! Hope everything is ok. That sucks they couldn't port your number over too... that's frustrating to lose a number you've had for so long.
    Did you hear the iPhone 7 is the biggest selling iPhone ever? I imagine it had a lot to do with the Note 7 debacle.
    Hang in there buddy, the Note 8 will be out before you know it.

S7 Edge tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Device
    other
    Miller, I thought the new Federal law that went into effect not long ago required them to allow you to keep your number.
    My daughter moved from Verizon (my account) to AT&T and they moved her number. This was about last July.
    I had to call and vouch for her because it was on my account, but her number for 12 years or more.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9878 times
    Device
    other
    I think you're right, except for the pay as you go carrier's...I don't believe they port numbers.

S7 Edge tap'n

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads