Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums

View Poll Results: Do you want to CONTINUE or STOP counting to 1 million again?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this thread idea and want to continue counting.

8 61.54%
  • I'm not interested in counting anymore.

5 38.46%
Page 201 of 202 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2013
Like Tree630Likes

Thread: Once more.. Let's count to 1 million!

Member #
    Liked
    4369 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    1907 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747

I think this is where the movies started dropping off for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Device
    other
    Went to AwesomeCon in DC yesterday with adult daughter and son-in-law.
    First time for me, going to something like that (different types by different names).
    Great people watching event for me. And for a large group running around a convention center with lines, parking, food prices, etc all the things that people can get stressed about, I don't think I've ever been in such a large group of people so friendly and out going as that.
    Those that came dressed up were pretty cool, kids and adults. They put a lot into it. People everywhere stopping to take pictures with each other with the one rule, ask first. You could tell they didn't know each other. And not paid plants, some of them too. All fun.
    I had to laugh adults wearing "bad guy" or "tough guy" costumes would look all tough while they took pictures and as soon as they were done, the big smile would come out. Can't hide the kid in an adult. Great fun

I sat down to drink a water and eat something at one of those 10 or 12 people round tables with "strangers" sitting across from us. A grandmother and her twin sister with daughter and grand kids. Great fun, they go every year.
    Well the sister my age had went to the first Star Wars movie in 1977 at the same theater as I did with wife and my son (about five years old at the time). Of course she had been in line forever and was at opening night. Not so hard core here, we went about 5 or so days after opening.
    It was the first time I've ever seen the audience interact with a movie. They booed the bad guys and cheered the good guys, the audience was full of college students.
    My son, five years old looked over at me to see if I was upset, after all they were talking or making noise in a movie and he knew that was not ok. I leaned over and told him for this movie he could join right in. He smiled in relief and loved it.
    Miller6386 and condor97 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4369 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by JD_Racer_Dad View Post
    Went to AwesomeCon in DC yesterday with adult daughter and son-in-law.
    First time for me, going to something like that (different types by different names).
    Great people watching event for me. And for a large group running around a convention center with lines, parking, food prices, etc all the things that people can get stressed about, I don't think I've ever been in such a large group of people so friendly and out going as that.
    Those that came dressed up were pretty cool, kids and adults. They put a lot into it. People everywhere stopping to take pictures with each other with the one rule, ask first. You could tell they didn't know each other. And not paid plants, some of them too. All fun.
    I had to laugh adults wearing "bad guy" or "tough guy" costumes would look all tough while they took pictures and as soon as they were done, the big smile would come out. Can't hide the kid in an adult. Great fun

I sat down to drink a water and eat something at one of those 10 or 12 people round tables with "strangers" sitting across from us. A grandmother and her twin sister with daughter and grand kids. Great fun, they go every year.
    Well the sister my age had went to the first Star Wars movie in 1977 at the same theater as I did with wife and my son (about five years old at the time). Of course she had been in line forever and was at opening night. Not so hard core here, we went about 5 or so days after opening.
    It was the first time I've ever seen the audience interact with a movie. They booed the bad guys and cheered the good guys, the audience was full of college students.
    My son, five years old looked over at me to see if I was upset, after all they were talking or making noise in a movie and he knew that was not ok. I leaned over and told him for this movie he could join right in. He smiled in relief and loved it.
    I could just never get into comics, super heroes, or star wars........

However as of recent I did watch Ironman 2 a few weeks and have been trying to catch the first one... I recorded the 3rd last night.

JD_Racer_Dad and condor97 like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Device
    other
    I don't know if I've watched them because of my kids or not.
    I certainly can't tell you the back story and connections like those that are really fans.
    Now it is fun to people watch though.

I think I've seen Iron Man "One" but maybe not any after that.
    Men in Black, different Superman versions and some others like some of the Batman versions. The more I think about it, I've seen a bunch but hit or miss.
    condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1907 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747

I have a friend who likes to go to Comic Con and from what he tells me it is a lot of fun. Sounds like that is a real neat experience to have with your son, JD.

When I was a kid I loved comic books. Captain America and Superman were my favorites, along with Batman. When they first started coming out with the movies I really enjoyed them. Lately though they have lost me a bit, I think it is because they are so over the top/unrealistic. I still enjoy Daredevil and some of the other Netflix shows like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. I still like the super heroes, just wish they would dial it back a bit.

Last edited by condor97; 04-03-2018 at 02:35 AM.
    JD_Racer_Dad and CR6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1907 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    2007. Fun year.

Member #
    Liked
    1377 times
    2008...10 years ago... the average cost of gas per gallon in the US was $3.39

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Device
    other
    I don't check maybe like I should.
    But my brother in California was asking me what it costs here in Maryland.
    So yesterday I paid $2.95 right next to the freeway and watched for the next couple miles.
    There are about 10 or 15 stations in that strip.
    I saw $2.91 and what I call a no name station at $2.86 on the other side of the highway.

Some don't realize the price change from state to state is more a function of the state tax.
    Those is Charlotte, NC that live of the south side are right next to the SC border and its much cheaper just minutes away in SC.

Member #
    Liked
    1907 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Gas was down to 2.45 here than straight back up to the 2.85-.95 for the weekend. 🤨

JD_Racer_Dad likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads