Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree487Likes

Thread: S G S3 owners who love speed !!!

Member #
    Liked
    4140 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    This was one of my babies..... Got a little to crazy with her and had to let her go... Had a blueprinted 400 in it with all the bells and whistles.... Just a little shy of 400 HP at the rear wheels... WAY TO MUCH for a convertible.... 5 Speed manual.. I could be running 45 or 50 down the road punch it and she would come right around 180* and to the other way..... It was an 87 IROC which was the 25th Anniversary Edition.... A lot of good memories... Left the local watering hole one night with it after ripping up the parking lot for a few. Had the wheels spinning about 250 yards down the road and when I let off she had developed a slight tick.... So I grabbed 2nd gear and held her to the boards about a 1/2 mile up the road she popped..... Took the engine out the next week and the #8 piston had all but turned to dust and the rod was had destroyed the wall..... So I built a 383 for her and ran it that way for a while but it just NEVER ran right.... Couldn't ever figure it out... At that time summer was over so I pulled the engine out to put in my mud truck (which I will post also) parked the Camaro in the garage thinking I would build a new engine for it over the winter... Had some other things come up and had to off her......
    Name:  thm_phpuOkdUI.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  30.8 KB
    CR6 and TDownT23 like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    4630 times
    Twitter
    ooops.. not yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    This was one of my babies..... Got a little to crazy with her and had to let her go... Had a blueprinted 400 in it with all the bells and whistles.... Just a little shy of 400 HP at the rear wheels... WAY TO MUCH for a convertible.... 5 Speed manual.. I could be running 45 or 50 down the road punch it and she would come right around 180* and to the other way..... It was an 87 IROC which was the 25th Anniversary Edition.... A lot of good memories... Left the local watering hole one night with it after ripping up the parking lot for a few. Had the wheels spinning about 250 yards down the road and when I let off she had developed a slight tick.... So I grabbed 2nd gear and held her to the boards about a 1/2 mile up the road she popped..... Took the engine out the next week and the #8 piston had all but turned to dust and the rod was had destroyed the wall..... So I built a 383 for her and ran it that way for a while but it just NEVER ran right.... Couldn't ever figure it out... At that time summer was over so I pulled the engine out to put in my mud truck (which I will post also) parked the Camaro in the garage thinking I would build a new engine for it over the winter... Had some other things come up and had to off her......
    Name:  thm_phpuOkdUI.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  30.8 KB
    Ah , Camaro !! Of course, one of the classics... flooring a 400bhp engine on to the rear wheels is a sure recipe for disaster... I would have loved to see it... the AC Cobra too, was well known for facing back more often than front.

But Gosh ! the grunt of those V8s of yours... only we can't afford the fuel consumption... those blocks are thirsty. Your petrol (sorry, gas) is cheap, our Litre is well over 1.60 Euros now...

Member #
    Liked
    9813 times
    Device
    other
    Agreed JL! We're really spoiled here when it comes to our vehicles and our inexpensive fuel. Not sure what the litre/gallon conversion is off hand, (update: just Googled it....3.785 litres per gallon) but since our fuel went up over $3 dollars a gallon over a year ago, everyone has been complaining. (which obviously we shouldn't do, considering we have some of the least expensive fuel in the world) I can't imagine paying 6 -7 dollars a gallon the way other countries do, although I'm sure we'll be there eventually.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It's 4.54 litres to an imperial gallon. You have different gallons to us! We took the tax out of your gallons cos you wouldn't pay it in the olden days, so they''ve been smaller ever since.

We'll swap you your fuel prices but you can keep your cars. We'll keep our Astons and Jags.
    CR6 and Brewer like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9813 times
    Device
    other

Re: S G S3 owners who love speed !!!

Thanks for the clarification ninja!

tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    4630 times
    Twitter
    ooops.. not yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja899 View Post
    We'll swap you your fuel prices but you can keep your cars. We'll keep our Astons and Jags.
    I admit that Jags don't do much for me these days... Morse's car, yes !! But the modern ones...

The Astons on the other hand... "achingly beautiful" (dixit "Hamster" Hammond)... The Vantage with the V12 shoe-horned into it !! What a car!
    I was lucky enough to drive a GT4 on track recently (birthday present... every year, I do something extraordinary with cars) in Abu Dhabi.
    The sound of that car makes your hair(s) stand on end !!!! Even inside it, where the noise in appalling...
    Mad sexagenarian !!

But look at that thing... it is a work of art !! Well done, Brits ! (hem, who owns Aston Martin these days?)

Name:  Aston2.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  Aston3.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  80.1 KB
    Last edited by JeanLouis33; 12-16-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    TDownT23 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I own a jag........but it is an old nail. It's still a Jag though. I'll have that XKR one day.

Member #
    Liked
    4630 times
    Twitter
    ooops.. not yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja899 View Post
    I own a jag........but it is an old nail. It's still a Jag though. I'll have that XKR one day.
    Is there such a difference in the U.K., with Aston...? I mean, second hand? Or is it the running costs that are higher?
    Of course you'll have that XKR !! You're a young man!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Astons are way out of my league. I wish I was a young man.

Member #
    Liked
    9813 times
    Device
    other

Re: S G S3 owners who love speed !!!

Actually the 2013 Jags are amazing!

My parents stopped by to see me on their way to Seattle this past summer, and they had 6 of them on their truck. They let me climb up and sit in one and start it up (I know I know, sitting in & starting a car doesn't make it nice! lol) but the lush refined inside, outside, throaty growl of the engine, etc was just head and shoulders above anything they've ever made in the past. My parents get to drive the vehicles they transport and my Mom (at 68) REALLY knows cars and she was very impressed. Heck, I was impressed just being able to SIT in it and rev it up. lol
    They retired this past August and i'm really going to miss seeing all the new and oftentimes exotic cars they've transported over the years.

Pic of my parents truck.

tap'n

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads