Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Last Movie You Saw and Thoughts...

Member #
    Liked
    4140 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Yes he was GREAT in Swingers.... I really haven't seen anything of his I didn't like.... Have you guys seen his comedy tour he did across the country in 30 days? It was HILARIOUS... He paved the way for some great comedians with that.... I have loved John Caparulo for a LONG time and he really made a name for himself with that tour.....
    maybish likes this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    9813 times
    Device
    other
    Thought I'd revive this thread and post my thoughts on a couple movies we watched over the weekend.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    I've always been a fan of the Lord of the Rings series and this one didn't disappoint. I thought they probably could have made two movies out of this one in order to delve deeper into character development, but nevertheless, it didn't disappoint if you're into this genre.
    Visual effects were stunning, story was great, but I'd have to say my favorite part was the riddle scene between Bilbo Baggins and Gollum. (Hilarious!)

Life of Pi
    I didn't go into this one expecting much. A kid stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean with a Bengal tiger. :what:
    I was however pleasantly surprised. A really good story with amazing visual effects. There was quite a bit of CGI in this movie and while evident, I thought it was pretty well done overall. The storytelling made you forget about the ridiculousness of it all.
    On a whole, it was a pretty good movie the whole family can watch.

tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I know what you did last summer.

Love movies that play on the anticipation of fear! Even though it is, by no means, a horror film.

Haven't been to the theater since the wife took me to Breaking Dawn.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1610 times
    Twitter
    @maycruising
    The croods.

***May's pink Galaxy***

Member #
    Liked
    1989 times
    Device
    other
    Zero Dark Thirty

I like these kinds of movies. It was a bit long, 2h37m, but it was worth it. I like newer war movies that depict, as close as they can, the real life experiences of our military. I think the death of OBL was a victory for the American Soul (as well as other nations that have suffered at his hands), but otherwise hasn't really done much. I could be wrong, I don't follow it closely. It was just a great watch I think. I did not leave my couch for the whole movie. I got sucked right in.

Argo

Other than the story, which I had actually never heard of before this movie (which is weird, I like history, and that was pretty big), I don't personally see why this movie is as good as everyone says it is.

The Hobbit

I got my nerd on. What can I say? I like fantasy. I started reading the Dragonlance Chronicles when I was a kid. I didn't realize it at the time, but a lot of the original stories were published before I was born. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the LOTR movies, so I was not surprised that I liked this one so much.

Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Twitter
    jntdroid
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    +1 on Argo - we enjoyed it, but I have no idea why it received the hype it did. I mean, it was clearly well done, but best picture?

The Hobbit - loved it... it's been forever since I read the book, so it was fresh on my mind and done similarly to the LOTR movies, i.e. well done IMHO!

But the last we saw was Oz last weekend. Maybe my expectations were low, and maybe I simply forgot about the original movie where Oz was basically a "hack", so to speak, but I enjoyed it and enjoyed the fact that he turned his ingenuity into something useful and "magical". It was unexpected, b/c again, I evidently forgot that was his shtick in the first movie...

Quite a few movies I'm looking forward to this year as well... Ironman 3, Star Trek, Man of Steel (I love Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer), Despicable Me 2, Airplanes... to name a few.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

**Rooted? Custom ROM? Verizon user? Do This ASAP: Install this, open, type "su" (grant), type "reboot nvbackup". Phone reboots. Flash this file in custom recovery. Read this thread. 2 minutes possibly just saved you 2 hours.**

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
    Please include your carrier/location with any questions, or add them to your profile.

Member #
    Liked
    4140 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Thought I'd revive this thread and post my thoughts on a couple movies we watched over the weekend.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    I've always been a fan of the Lord of the Rings series and this one didn't disappoint. I thought they probably could have made two movies out of this one in order to delve deeper into character development, but nevertheless, it didn't disappoint if you're into this genre.
    Visual effects were stunning, story was great, but I'd have to say my favorite part was the riddle scene between Bilbo Baggins and Gollum. (Hilarious!)

tap'n
    This is playing today at one of the local Cinemas today... It's $2 bargain day... It's either this or Lincoln.... I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies so I think I would be lost seeing this....

But I really came in here to ask if anyone has seen Lincoln.... For $2 I think it is something I would like to go see.... Usually on bargain days (Mon and Tues) they don't play the best movies and I am kind of learing of sitting in the theater for 2.5 hours to see a movie... But I was kind of surprised to see Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Fields were in it plus it's a Steven Spielberg film... I haven't been to the movies in a couple years and I have been craving some movie theater popcorn.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Twitter
    jntdroid
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I've heard only good things about Lincoln, but have yet to go see it because it looks to be a bit of a slow-mover, and normally when I'm going to a theater I'm in the mood for something epic or fantasy-ish or whatever. But I've heard it's excellent and for $2 I'd definitely do it. Not for $10 though!
    Miller6386 likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

**Rooted? Custom ROM? Verizon user? Do This ASAP: Install this, open, type "su" (grant), type "reboot nvbackup". Phone reboots. Flash this file in custom recovery. Read this thread. 2 minutes possibly just saved you 2 hours.**

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
    Please include your carrier/location with any questions, or add them to your profile.

Member #
    Liked
    9813 times
    Device
    other
    I heard Lincoln was good as well.
    I don't think you need to have seen the previous LOTR movies to enjoy the Hobbit. It's a prequel, so watching it first, then watching the trilogy, would actually work out really well.
    But either one for 2 bucks would be a good choice. :thumbup:

tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    4140 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    But I've heard it's excellent and for $2 I'd definitely do it. Not for $10 though!

This was my thought exactly.... I had no plans of going to the movies anytime soon but a friend had shared a link on FB showing that the Plaza 1 & 2 was still running the Monday $2 special so I went to their site to see what was playing..... I think we are going to pass on them today... I REALLY want to see this, especially now seeing all the trailers. However I just don't think I have it in me to sit in that theater for 2.5 hours... I think I will wait for it to hit DVD so I can watch it from the comfort of my own couch.... but thanks for the input....

~FRED BEAR~

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads