Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1955 of 2005 FirstFirst ... 9551455185519051945195319541955195619571965 ... LastLast
Results 19,541 to 19,550 of 20049
Like Tree6498Likes

Thread: Last post wins...

Member #
    Liked
    1929 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    That's crazy. I wonder why they don't just buy those other networks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    10017 times
    Device
    other
    Here's the latest regarding Verizon.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/22/1...net-neutrality
    They are no longer considered a
    "premium" carrier in my book.
    They may as well be Sprint in my eyes. AT LEAST Sprint has a backbone and they are up front with you, even though they have the weakest network.
    Verizon will continue to nickel and dime you to death, while spitting in the face of their long time dedicated customers. Their dead to me and as of late last year, I lost all respect for them as a carrier. They're THIEVES, plain and simple.

As for your PC issues, give me a chance to get home and I'll reply to that one.

Member #
    Liked
    3717 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    So I looked up my processor. It's an Intel q9300 and the best one made was a q9650. So I can't buy a faster one than I have. I won't buy a new board either. I think I'll just use this for a while and see if it settles down. In a year or so, I'll spring for a new machine.

Member #
    Liked
    3717 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by spodoc View Post
    So I looked up my processor. It's an Intel q9300 and the best one made was a q9650. So I can't buy a faster one than I have. I won't buy a new board either. I think I'll just use this for a while and see if it settles down. In a year or so, I'll spring for a new machine.
    I'm not particularly upset about throttled video. Really, 480 is good enough for me on a tiny screen. I just don't want to be throttled below that. I think I'm going to stay where I'm at for a bit but may take a harder look at TMobile soon.

Member #
    Liked
    1929 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I'm not particularly upset about throttled video. Really, 480 is good enough for me on a tiny screen. I just don't want to be throttled below that. I think I'm going to stay where I'm at for a bit but may take a harder look at TMobile soon.
    The saying.... It's the principal of the matter that counts... Comes to mind.

Well they could always take the Direct TV approach....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    10017 times
    Device
    other
    480 is ok for me as well unless I'm trying to watch drone videos, than I'm shafted. The difference between 480 & 1080 is huge when it comes to videos that focuses on the actual video quality. A lot of folks don't think there's much of a difference when it comes to 1080p/1440/2160, but I could definitely see the difference on both my S7 and S8. But those days are gone, at least via my phone.

Member #
    Liked
    10017 times
    Device
    other
    Yeah, unfortunately AMD & Intel aren't cross compatible. And with a device that old, the ability to update is limited. That's a bummer, especially when it's an otherwise great machine. I went through the exact same issue with mine. I needed more power and an updated GPU. But being that it was about 7 years old, I couldn't really update it enough for it to provide me with what I needed.
    I ended up selling it a few months ago and am in the process of building a desktop. I need a powerhouse to be able to edit my 4K videos so I'm purchasing the various parts piece by piece, as the funds become available

Member #
    Liked
    3717 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I wonder if you could use a VPN to work around their throttling or if there is an Xposed module that would help.
    condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10017 times
    Device
    other
    I wonder if you could use a VPN to work around their throttling or if there is an Xposed module that would help.
    Good point regarding the Xposed module suggestion. Yeah, I've tried a half dozen VPNs with no luck. I might have to swing by XDA later and see if they've obtained root on this device yet.
    And here I was thinking I didn't need root anymore.

Member #
    Liked
    1929 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    They have substratum for Samsung phones now, no root needed, if anyone is interested. It does involve a paid app, but looks pretty good...

https://youtu.be/ay1a6sofa0M

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads