Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1945 of 1971 FirstFirst ... 9451445184518951935194319441945194619471955 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,450 of 19703
Like Tree6235Likes

Thread: Last post wins...

Member #
    Liked
    9953 times
    Device
    other
    So D & I finally got fed up with Verizon and switched to T-mobile last wknd. Unlimited everything with unlimited 4G hotspot for an additional fee, and are still paying 90 bucks less than what we we're paying with Verizon.
    Well....quite the nightmare it's turned out to be. Our Verizon S7s worked fine on TMo's network (at the store) but when we got home we couldn't get a signal to save our life. It kept going from 1 bar to zero bars of 3G. They gave us a cell booster free of charge, but that barely gives us 1-2 bars if we're lucky. After digging on the t-mobile forums, we found out that even though our Verizon branded Galaxy models will work on any carrier, when it comes to T-mobile, our devices are missing the 2 main GSM bands that t-mobile uses for THEIR 4G/LTE. We wanted to wait for the Note 8, but I'll likely finance an S8+ simply because i can't afford be without service for work and D will wait on the Note 8. I was thinking of picking up a Nexus 5 to tide me over, that way I could at least see if it's our phones or the network. But I can pick up an S8 and still return it after 14 days if it is the network.
    Anywho, that's my rant for the week! Have a great wknd everyone!

Member #
    Liked
    1761 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Quote Originally Posted by condor97 View Post
    Guess what phone I'm back on? FTW...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Yep! My Oneplus but the dust, so I had to find another spare. This is my Wife's old phone, and is in pretty good shape.
    Quite frankly I love it. The size is perfect, fits in the pocket a lot better than the bigger phones. The software is actually not bad (can't believe I'm saying this lol). Locked down 4.3 jellybean but with the right tweaking works very well, and does everything I need it to.

I have a Nexus 6p replacement on the way, but I may sell it and use this.

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    So D & I finally got fed up with Verizon and switched to T-mobile last wknd. Unlimited everything with unlimited 4G hotspot for an additional fee, and are still paying 90 bucks less than what we we're paying with Verizon.
    Well....quite the nightmare it's turned out to be. Our Verizon S7s worked fine on TMo's network (at the store) but when we got home we couldn't get a signal to save our life. It kept going from 1 bar to zero bars of 3G. They gave us a cell booster free of charge, but that barely gives us 1-2 bars if we're lucky. After digging on the t-mobile forums, we found out that even though our Verizon branded Galaxy models will work on any carrier, when it comes to T-mobile, our devices are missing the 2 main GSM bands that t-mobile uses for THEIR 4G/LTE. We wanted to wait for the Note 8, but I'll likely finance an S8+ simply because i can't afford be without service for work and D will wait on the Note 8. I was thinking of picking up a Nexus 5 to tide me over, that way I could at least see if it's our phones or the network. But I can pick up an S8 and still return it after 14 days if it is the network.
    Hmmmm I will be interested in hearing how it works out! I have thought about doing the same. I've also considered Sprint, which is even cheaper, but I don't know about their network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    CR6 likes this.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Device
    other
    Sorry to hear your troubles CR6.
    When I bought my S5 to replace my S3 I saw a note on some sales sites that the same thing is true for other providers when they say the S5 Verizon works, its only 3G.

All said I bought my S5 new on EBay and the prices were dropping until the S7 issues. They are dropping again. I have seen brand new S5s for under $140. I know that's not cheap but might hold you over. Some come with some extras (not in the box extras) like a charger. One last week one came with a free spinner, Whoo Who.

I left the EBay notification email on just to track them. My brother is going through a little of the same thing too.
    condor97 and CR6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3603 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Boo. That stinks. Have you looked at the Moto g or e phones? They may have something that works on to mobile to tide you over for cheap.
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9953 times
    Device
    other
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I've thought of picking up an inexpensive Nexus from Swappa to test their network but when T Mobile said they would spread my down payment of a new device across my first two payments and waive the shipping costs I jumped on the S8+. My S7 Edge gets a strong 4G signal in certain parts of town (44 down/ 23 up) but not at home.
    We went with T-Mobile because Sprint & AT&T have even worse coverage in our area.. I'm banking on the extra 2 4G/LTE bands that GSM phones have that my Verizon S7 is lacking. Plus since they are shipping it to me i have 20 days to return it no questions asked. (Instead of 14)
    I was bummed when i found out they attempted to deliver it yesterday but I wasn't home, so I'll have to wait until 1pm today to go pick it up.
    Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it works out. For unlimited everything on 2 lines (including unlimited 4G hotspot) and financing two new devices, we'll STILL be paying less than what we were with Verizon. So far their customer service had been amazing. I replied to a comment on Twitter a few days about my lousy T-Mobile coverage and the CEO replied to me asking to give him and his team a chance to make it right. Thus the free phone sent next day air. (Well, I should say it saved me having to pay 123 bucks up front for a new device) Who knows if the CEO actually replies to his own Twitter feed, but needless to say I've been very impressed with their customer service so far. Verizon has done absolutely nothing to retain us as customers so we're really hoping this move works out.

Have a great day guys!

Member #
    Liked
    3603 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Saving $$ is always a good thing!

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Device
    other
    Sounds like you have a good plan ahead CR6. CEO or not, if the CEO empowers someone else to act on their behalf in a positive way, that's a good thing.
    Been with Verizon sense before Verizon, Mother-in-law retired from old MaBell before the breakup and we are in the DC area, mid Atlantic. So haven't changed.
    The product, ie towers etc all are great. Service non existent if you need it or worse. Over time we have had some 3 hour calls to fix billing errors. Anyway I would say company loyalty is zero here.
    The 5G stuff coming will probably be their next market gorilla but not everywhere.
    Anyway hope the new phone works out.

Member #
    Liked
    4238 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I've thought of picking up an inexpensive Nexus from Swappa to test their network but when T Mobile said they would spread my down payment of a new device across my first two payments and waive the shipping costs I jumped on the S8+. My S7 Edge gets a strong 4G signal in certain parts of town (44 down/ 23 up) but not at home.
    We went with T-Mobile because Sprint & AT&T have even worse coverage in our area.. I'm banking on the extra 2 4G/LTE bands that GSM phones have that my Verizon S7 is lacking. Plus since they are shipping it to me i have 20 days to return it no questions asked. (Instead of 14)
    I was bummed when i found out they attempted to deliver it yesterday but I wasn't home, so I'll have to wait until 1pm today to go pick it up.
    Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it works out. For unlimited everything on 2 lines (including unlimited 4G hotspot) and financing two new devices, we'll STILL be paying less than what we were with Verizon. So far their customer service had been amazing. I replied to a comment on Twitter a few days about my lousy T-Mobile coverage and the CEO replied to me asking to give him and his team a chance to make it right. Thus the free phone sent next day air. (Well, I should say it saved me having to pay 123 bucks up front for a new device) Who knows if the CEO actually replies to his own Twitter feed, but needless to say I've been very impressed with their customer service so far. Verizon has done absolutely nothing to retain us as customers so we're really hoping this move works out.

Have a great day guys!
    Sorry I wasn't around sooner I could of helped out with this one...

But after seeing the short videos I just did I'm jumping on the Note 8. I'm pretty excited. Cases have hit Amazon too.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    CR6 and condor97 like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    9953 times
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Sorry I wasn't around sooner I could of helped out with this one...

But after seeing the short videos I just did I'm jumping on the Note 8. I'm pretty excited. Cases have hit Amazon too.

Lovin my S8+! Except the dedicated Bixby button that can't be turned off. Found the app "BixBye" today that allows you to remap it, so that's been working out well so far. Not much difference between the S8 & the Note 8 other than the Spen and updated the camera, which I'm really looking forward to seeing what that thing can do! Good luck!
    D is planning on getting one after hearing Samsung intends to give Note 7 customers that had to tradein their devices a $425 dollar credit towards the 8.

Member #
    Liked
    4238 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Lovin my S8+! Except the dedicated Bixby button that can't be turned off. Found the app "BixBye" today that allows you to remap it, so that's been working out well so far. Not much difference between the S8 & the Note 8 other than the Spen and updated the camera, which I'm really looking forward to seeing what that thing can do! Good luck!
    D is planning on getting one after hearing Samsung intends to give Note 7 customers that had to tradein their devices a $425 dollar credit towards the 8.
    I'm getting pretty excited. I just hope they ship to us by the 15th.

CR6 and condor97 like this.
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Remove Ads

Ads