Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 509 of 509 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509
Results 5,081 to 5,084 of 5084
Like Tree4640Likes

Thread: The Lounge **a place to come & talk about anything**

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Device
    other
    So Condor what is it you don't like. If there were conversations before I probably didn't pay attention.
    I've had Verizon forever and I'm in the DC area with great coverage.
    Being retired or semi retired for a couple years now, my life style changes have changed my data needs away from the house.
    And my daughter is not on the plan with us now that she off and married.

They have an AT&T unlimited plan.
    My son has always had a bare bones plan. When he's not working he's not doing smart phone or data stuff. I don't think his phone now has 4G. I think its a iPhone 4 he got free from a friend. He was on one of those little networks that got bought a year or so ago. Can't remember the name.

Several friends have T Mobile. They like it and only occasionally talk about reception, seems its got better every year.
    A bunch of the kids at my daughter's HS on tight budgets had T Mobile and something else I can't remember, but that was 10 years ago.

I have thought that AT&T and Verizon have been pressured into better plans because of T Mobile and Sprint. But it didn't seem Sprint would survive, thus the pressure for them to come back to the negotiation table with T Mobile.

Anyway, sometimes bigger is better, sometimes not.
    All that said, I don't have an opinion.
    condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I guess the biggest thing I don't like is the reduction in competition. There are a lot of articles out there on this, and many of them point to Canada's 3 provider system, which is extremely expensive. Prices for cellular service have really come down in the last couple years, as have benefits for consumers, mainly due to the fact that T-mobile really put the pressure on and was competitive.

The point that isn't talked about, and is more of my opinion..... I'm really not a fan of Sprint's pricing strategy. I looked at them for a while when I was wanting to switch from AT&T, and I noticed that they would give a really really great first year price, and then raise it to a very normal second year price which they don't really advertise. Not to mention the extra fees/taxes that aren't included. There also was something with their rental system for phones that bothered me, can't remember what it was....

In any event, I love T-Mo's straight forward pricing, and how they include taxes in their prices. They also keep coming out with new deals. Their service is good as it is, and I am in no hurry to get to 5G. I like the plans they offer. I don't know, I guess I like things as they are, and I feel T-mo will continue to move in a good direction under our current system.

I think in the end, I would like to see more carriers instead of less, though I know that would never happen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by condor97; 05-02-2018 at 04:06 AM.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Device
    other
    I with you Condor on the more carriers.
    We are on the same page.

From following the Telecoms what seems like forever, my mother-in-law worked 45 years for Ma Bell before the breakup. I got married in 69. I like what the competition has done for us the consumer.
    So it seems from watching Nextell or No-tell as friends used to call them and Sprint do business things that didn't work out, they just couldn't get out of their own way.
    By the way some the things they both did seemed better, just didn't survive. Like Word Perfect and Lotus.
    It seems Sprint was going under anyway, probably why this one doesn't bother me like what might be two big player merging.

Right Aide might be like that too.
    condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1919 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Yeah you got a point about Sprint struggling. I think that was kind of there in fault, though I guess the end result is the same. Well, we shall see how it turns out. They have a lot of hoops to jump through.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    JD_Racer_Dad likes this.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Remove Ads

Ads