Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
    Member #

Another chinese S3 question...

Hello to everyone,

I'm really new in S3 world, let's say bloody beginner, and I've done some faults, here is the story:

- I bought my S3 (GT-I9300) in China in a "China Unicom" shop (Fault No. 1)
    - I have installed "Touch Clockworkmod Recovery" and tried to flash MIUI (miui-ger_Galaxy-S3_2.9.28_Full_EN_DE_4.0) a image over the internal SD-Card (Fault No. 2), reason to do so was to get German language and Google Apps

During the flashing procedure the process stopped with an message "error in /sdcard/miui-ger_Galaxy-S3_2.9.28_Full_EN_DE_4.0.zip" and now the phone only hangs up with the provider logo when I try to start it.
    I'm still able to go into USB- or Recovery-Mode but that's all what I can do. I guess that the image file I used is corrupted during download and now I can not load a new file to the (internal) SD-card because it's not accessible from my Windows computer when I connect the phone via USB.

What's best for me to do now? Go back and try to flash a stock image (which one?/complete or only sections)?

Any help is very welcome because I'm lost now...

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other

Re: Another chinese S3 question...

Get yourself an external card and download your rom you want to that. Check the md5. Put the card in the phone... With the phone off press power volume up and home all at the same time until you are in CWMR..... Wipe data, cache, format system, then install from external card.......

Communicated from my Galaxy S3

Member #
    Thanks for the fast reply.

I already buyed the external card... but now I did not know which kind of image I should use best.
    I found some information in other forum threads that the boot sectors of the chinese S3 are different from other S3 versions and that could be maybe a problem too.

So I already tried to flash the stock version image "GT-I9300_TGY_I9300ZSALED_I9300OZSALED_I9300XXLEF.tar. md5" which should be the original China/Hongkong version. But in Odin I always get a fault message when it comes to the "modem" part and flashing just hangs up.

Any idea which is the best image for my chinese S3, meanwhile I will by happy to get it running again with the chinese original (restricted) software, but will be nice to have it running with German language support and Google Apps.

Thanks
    Last edited by Musashi65; 10-14-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other

I'm sorry I'm not real sure on the Chinese version or the international version. The modem is the radio that the phone uses to interpret the wireless signal did you check the md5 sum?

Communicated from my Galaxy S3

Member #
    Liked
    7768 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Welcome to the forum!

tap'n

Welcome to the Galaxy S3 Forums!

Guidelines of Conduct

Member #
    Meanwhile I was able to flash the original chinese stock ROM and my phone is ok again.
    But if I try to flash the German (open) stock ROM with Odin, it always fails at the end of the process when the modem part is written to the phone.

Is there any way to flash this or another german ROM (I9300XXBLH3_I9300DBTBLH4_I9300XXLH1_HOME.tar) without flashing the modem part?

Member #
    Liked
    953 times
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    The Chinese version has a unique modem. I don't think you can flash another modem.

Member #
    Liked
    2763 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    The Chinese version has a unique modem. I don't think you can flash another modem.
    +1 Good info Jeff... After some research it is confirmed that the Chinese version has a very unique radio and has to be flashed as such..... This would leave a few options...You would have to find a flashable (In custom recovery) ROM of the German flavor that doesn't include radios.... Or more complicated unpack the German ROM you want to work with and replace the German radio with the needed Chinese one..... Please DO NOT attempt this unless you know what you are doing as I take NO responsibility for you or your phone...

Member #
    Thanks again for all your help.

I guess I will give up to modify it by myself and try to find a more experienced person to do it for me.

Member #
    Liked
    953 times
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable - xda-developers

GT-I9308 will support*TD-SCDMA network, while GT-I9300 and the SCH-I939 will support the*WCDMA/EDGE and CDMA2000 networks respectively. Of course, GSM/WCDMA support will also be there for international roaming.

If you have the I939 you should be able to flash a modem that includes WCDMA/EDGE... GSM/WCDMAhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1740061

I know the Thailand Moden covers this. You may want to go to search here for the correct modem
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 10-18-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Ads