Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Restore stock firmware

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    adoul90
    Device
    International GT-I9300

Restore stock firmware

Hello All

A while back, I installed a jelly bean ROM on my galaxy S3. I want to restore back to the stock firmware. How can I know what is the original firmware that came with my phone? I found tutorials online describing the process of restoring, but I couldn't quite grasp how do we know what is the original stock firmware. I would appreciate any assistance on this matter.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2706 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Do you want to just go to a stock ROM or do you want to unroot also? IF you want to unroot and lock the bootloader again go to the Samsung Updates site, download the .TAR file for your EXACT device and flash that via ODIN..... IF you just want a stock ROM then we will need to know what variant phone you have....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    adoul90
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Do you want to just go to a stock ROM or do you want to unroot also? IF you want to unroot and lock the bootloader again go to the Samsung Updates site, download the .TAR file for your EXACT device and flash that via ODIN..... IF you just want a stock ROM then we will need to know what variant phone you have....
    That's the thing. How do I know my phone variant? I mean, I have the international I9300GT, but there is no official release in my country. So how do I know which version my phone came with?

Member #
    Liked
    2706 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Your variant is the International one... I believe the process for you is to find your country or region code and use that.... I am not real familiar with the INT version.... Hopefully Jeffrey will pop in soon and see this. He will be the one that will know exactly how to find the proper firmware for your device.... From a quick Google search it appears that the stock firmware for the INT version is Android 4.0.4 ICS XXALF2.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    adoul90
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    I believe the process for you is to find your country or region code and use that....
    Again, how do I know the original country of the phone? As I said, I purchased it from my home country but there is no official release here so I have no clue where the sellers got it from.

Member #
    Liked
    2706 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by adelejjeh View Post
    Again, how do I know the original country of the phone? As I said, I purchased it from my home country but there is no official release here so I have no clue where the sellers got it from.
    Here are the directions to find your code.... however I would think that any of them that support English (which appears to be your language) should work..... Again unfortunately I am not real familiar with the INT version... I would maybe try 2 of the options and verify you get the same results... Then you would just have to choose the version of Android you want to go with ...

Find your code HERE

Select your download HERE

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    adoul90
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    Here are the directions to find your code.... however I would think that any of them that support English (which appears to be your language) should work..... Again unfortunately I am not real familiar with the INT version... I would maybe try 2 of the options and verify you get the same results... Then you would just have to choose the version of Android you want to go with ...

Find your code HERE

Select your download HERE
    OK, so i found my country code and I downloaded the firmware. Can you give me a good tutorial on how to restore to that firmware? I am not an expert in android devices, so I am afraid I might do something and brick my phone, that's why I would like a detailed tutorial if possible. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2706 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Here is a guide that is available... Instead of me typing everything out... Make sure you download and install ODIN and the Samsung USB drivers for our OS on your PC.... Then follow the steps.... Just use my links to download the proper firmware for your phone and not the ones in this link

Restore Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.0.4 ICS XXALF2 Stock Firmware
    CR6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    adoul90
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    Here is a guide that is available... Instead of me typing everything out... Make sure you download and install ODIN and the Samsung USB drivers for our OS on your PC.... Then follow the steps.... Just use my links to download the proper firmware for your phone and not the ones in this link

Restore Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.0.4 ICS XXALF2 Stock Firmware
    OK, so I did everything you told me to do. I connected my phone to Kies and found the country code to be (MAT). I downloaded the required software, and followed the steps in the tutorial. I was able to successfully flash the new firmware. However, now, I cannot connect to kies. Whenever I try to connect my phone to the computer, Kies just gets stuck at the "connecting" stage. I tried it on my Mac running mountain lion, and on a laptop running windows 7. In both cases, Kies just got stuck and couldn't connect to the phones. On my mac, the phone gave me an error saying that there are no supported drivers on the computer, or something like that. Any clue what might have happened? Is it possible that I flashed a wrong firmware?

Please help!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    adoul90
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    One more thing. On the PC, the phone appeared in My Computer and I was able to open it and view all the files and folders.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Ads