Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VZW Blames Sammy for the Locked Bootloader then Contradict Themselves

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

VZW Blames Sammy for the Locked Bootloader then Contradict Themselves

In a strange Tweet this afternoon, Verizon claims that the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy SIII is "locker per the manufacturer." Whats strange about this tweet is that this statement is in direct contradiction of their statement they sent the Verge this afternoon. Big Red states:

Verizon Wireless has established a standard of excellence in customer experience with our branded devices and customer service. There is an expectation that if a customer has a question, they can call Verizon Wireless for answers that help them maximize their enjoyment and use of their wireless phone. Depending on the device, an open boot loader could prevent Verizon Wireless from providing the same level of customer experience and support because it would allow users to change the phone or otherwise modify the software and, potentially, negatively impact how the phone connects with the network. The addition of unapproved software could also negatively impact the wireless experience for other customers. It is always a delicate balance for any company to manage the technology choices we make for our branded devices and the requests of a few who may want a different device experience. We always review our technology choices to ensure that we provide the best solution for as many customers as possible.
    The AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile versions of the SGSIII are unlocked, so it wouldn't make sense that Samsung would only lock it on Verizon's network. Did Verizon's PR department (Twitter) just get caught in a lie, or was it an honest mistake made by someone who didn't understand the technical aspects of the question that was posed to them?

Via: Twitter

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sounds to me like VZW got caught with their pants down. They're trying to talk their way out of this and they can't. VZW has gotten a little too big for their britches. They think they can bully everyone around.

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    ...or was it an honest mistake made by someone who didn't understand the technical aspects of the question that was posed to them?
    I understand your rationale but it can't be an honest mistake if you're providing technical support on a topic you are not technically qualified on.

Brandon

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    ...and have you ever talked to Verizon customer care / support? They don't know what their own hand looks like at the end of their arm! i wouldn't take thought into this more than how my last great turd was!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Verizon,

jntdroid likes this.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I talked on chat with whoever I could get, just to get more word at verizon, sales, customer service, whoever, people talk so the more people talking the better, right? Yea, keep telling myself that. Anyways, it was a ok conversation, he knew I wasnt talking about gsm unlock, although said hes being told where he is that it was samsung who did the lock. Yea, OK
    Heres the chat for those who cares
    hrm, any idea how to make it bigger?
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  19.7 KBName:  Untitled2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  19.8 KB

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Twitter
    BrownstotheBone
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    BS, BS, BS, BS. I'm supposed to believe that Samsung has it so out for Verizon that they picked them out of ALL the other carriers to lock the bootloader?

Heh..... duh..... o.k.

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    It is always easier to point the finger at someone else. You know the saying "For every finger that you are pointing at someone else, there are three pointing back at you".

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    So Motorola is finally coming through on their unlocked boot loader promise:

http://www.slashgear.com/motorola-to...on-q-26240460/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    3084 times
    Device
    none
    Great news!

~ GNexified ~

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    DebianDog
    You mean google. They bought moto right?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads