Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: The passing of a great staff member and friend! (Danvee)

Member #
    Liked
    9789 times
    Device
    other

The passing of a great staff member and friend! (Danvee)

It is with a heavy heart that I forward you the sad news in regards to the passing of a good friend and staff member Dan. (Danvee) He passed away yesterday afternoon due to a heart attack. Our thoughts & prayers are with his family!

Dan was an extremely valuable staff member on many of our forums.... including the S3, S4, S5, Nexus & Thrive forums just to name a few. His dedication and hard work helping members, and keeping with our goal of a "family friendly" forum was something he thoroughly supported and enjoyed, and his time here will not be forgotten.

Oftentimes we don't realize the daily struggles of our fellow forum friends, as we usually only see one side of their lives. But Dan wasn't one to often discuss his own problems, but was always one to help others with theirs.

Dan spent so much of his free time on the forums I often wondered if he ever slept. He was usually one of the first members to post in the morning and one of the last to comment at night. When he wasn't busy sniffing out spammers (and man, he was one of THE best at doing this!) he was participating in one of our many threads providing help and guidance to our members, or simply discussing daily life issues in one of our many off topic threads. He was a master at finding THE perfect picture to convey his thoughts, as well as the perfect "comeback" or response in our hilarious "banned" thread. He had a unique and interesting outlook & opinion on so many of our threads & topics over the years and his quick wit will truly be missed. His ability to spread his time across so many of our forums at once was astounding.

We thank Dan for both the time he spent as a staff member, as well the time he spent making us smile. Our thoughts are with Dan's family as they mourn.

Let us celebrate Dans life and be thankful for the time he shared with us. Please take a moment (If you'd like) to share a thought, a funny moment or memory you have of Dan.

RIP my friend.

Member #
    Liked
    7988 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Well said Chris!

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...
    JeanLouis33, condor97 and Rosalie like this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    4612 times
    Twitter
    ooops.. not yet
    I am reeling from this news...

...somehow, these electronic friends of ours seem indestructible, and it is a great shock to hear the tragic news of Dan passing away !

I do not have a specific reference at hand, but I do know that I exchanged on many occasions with Danvee, and that the general feeling we have, right now,
    is that a member of our family has gone. And we are extremely upset and sad.

Rest in peace, friend... our Forum will never be quite the same any more without you, and you are in all our hearts .
    ............................ The best thing in life? friends you can count on... and a Samsung phone!!

Member #
    Liked
    1576 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    Rest in Peace Danvee. We will miss you.
    CR6, spodoc, dennyjones and 3 others like this.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    3098 times
    Device
    none
    I am in complete and utter shock. There are no words. You left an indelible impression, Dan. You will be sorely missed. Rest in peace, my friend.
    condor97, CR6, VoiceGuy and 7 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2285 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    That was a beautiful tribute, Chris. I first worked with Dan on Thrive Forums. In the years I knew him, I found Dan to be generous, fair, kind hearted, and hard working. He was a man of principle and integrity. He was very creative and had a unique sense of humor.
    He could say something to make me laugh when I didn't think I was able to even smile.
    Rest in peace, dear friend. ��
    CR6, pixeline, UltraDroid and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9789 times
    Device
    other
    Thanks. It was really difficult to write, but I think I covered most of his great qualities. It's going to be too quite around here without him.

S5 tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    3804 times
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    Oh no! I will miss him so much! A friend in cyber space is indeed a friend close to your heart. His wit and his kindness was without comparison.

Rest in peace, Dan!

Swyped ✔
    CR6, condor97, pchain and 3 others like this.
    "Minds are like parachutes ... they only function when open"

Member #
    Liked
    1576 times
    Device
    United States SGH-I747
    I have been trying to think of something to say here, but every time I sit down I decide not to. In any event, while thinking of something to say I had an idea. I was wondering if we could rename a couple of Dan's (I think he might have corrected my grammar there, is it Dan's or Dans? Lol) favorite threads on this forum. For instance, the banning thread, rename it something to the effect of "In memory of Danvee: Ban the person above you". Another option might be to create a new section and call it something like "In memory of Danvee" and put this thread and some of his favorite threads there. Maybe a short bio thread on who he was as well? Just thinking out loud. A forum I was involved in some time ago had a member who passed and did something similar. It was kind of cool.
    CR6, Rosalie, spodoc and 4 others like this.
    OnePlus Smartphones | Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    9789 times
    Device
    other
    That's a great idea Condor! (And certainly doable)
    It's funny you brought up that thread....I was JUST skimming through some of his past comments in that thread and took screen shots of a couple of his recent posts.

He was always quick with a comeback and had a knack for finding the perfect picture to go with his comments.
    We miss ya buddy!

S5 tap'n

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads