Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "samsung keyboard has stopped working"- anyone know how to fix this?

Member #
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to Gaxlaxy III...had Galaxy II. I appreciate the posts regarding Keyboard problem...Starks threads/comments are the same as mine...I can very much relate.
    Mine says, " Unfortunately, Samsung Keyboard has stopped" at least five to six times a day"...I'm ready to exchange it for a different phone or replacement OR I can follow the advise posted to:
    1) clear the cache...I looked at this setting and it says "0.00" and the button to clear is not active
    2) Clear the data...when I go to do this, it says it will "Delete app data? All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc". Since I'm not sure what its referring to deleting, can someone comment as to if I push "ok" as suggested above?

Last, Starks, you said since you installed Swiftkey 3 that all your keyboard problems have gone away and no more keyboard force close issues...yes?

Does anyone know a real good keyboard option like Swiftkey 3 BUT allows Swipe? I love using swipe and I would love one that predicted as well as Swiftkey 3.

Thanks,

Member #
    Liked
    3786 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Re: "samsung keyboard has stopped working"- anyone know how to fix this?

Welcome to the forum. Check out this thread about SwiftKey Flow. It's in beta right now. It contains a link to download it. I've been using it for a few days and think it's the best of both worlds. SwiftKey Flow Beta
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    7632 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Welcome to the forum!
    As suggested, Swiftkey Flow is a great alternative that allows both functions. Good luck!

tap'n

Welcome to the Galaxy S3 Forums!

Guidelines of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    hi flyguy! I completely feel your pain. That whole keyboard fail issue was driving me INSANE and had me thinking the same thing about getting a different phone. Since changing to the swiftkey it's been a completely new phone for me- no more keyboard issues. I think you'll be surprised about not missing the swipe feature- I used that a lot too with the samsung keyboard because the predictive text sucked... but swiftkey is 180 degree difference in the predivctive text area, it learns over time what you're correcting it's predections to, learns from your facebook or twitter posts, learns from your texts- basically anywhere you're typing with your phone it learns the words you use often even if it's slang or an abbreviation or whatever- it's amazing really. If I remember right, with the samsung keyboard you had to touch/select which word you want from the three that it gives you to choose from above the keyboard, right? With the swiftkey you can just hit the space key and it'll chose the word in the center of the three choices (almost ALWAYS what I want, even if I've only typed a few letters). Give it a try- the trial for 30 days is free. My aunt has a galaxy 2 and never had keyboard issues but was addicted to the swipe typing, once I let her play with my phone and the swiftkey keyboard she was amazed at how well it guesses what you want to type and changed over. TRY IT! You'll be so much happier.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    oh yeah- another favorite feature of the swiftkey: the way it learns my friends names that I type often!! So impressed by that. Nowadays there are so many weird names out there that aren't anything's first choice for spelling... for example, my brother's name is spelled "Shaun" and for the first half a dozen or so times that I typed his name with my phone after changing to swiftkey it would guess I was spelling a typical version of his name like "Sean" or "Shawn" but now it's learned and predicts the correct spelling. Impressed by that! My best friend's name too- spelled "brittany", it would try to guess "britney" the first handful of times, but now it gets it correct! typing is so much faster now because i only have to type a couple or a few letter before it figure out what I'm saying and I can just hit the space bar to fill in what it's predicting I want to say.

Member #
    Liked
    1237 times
    Twitter
    @jbbristol
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

I can't say enough good things about SwiftKey 3 starks; I'm right there with ya :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Member #
    I have the same issue. I get the error "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" pretty much every day in the middle of texting, and I have to restart my phone by taking out the battery because the Samsung keyboard keeps trying to restart itself but it constantly fails and makes the phone unusable. The way it happens is the keyboard's response becomes supper slow (when I put my finger on a character, it types it 5 seconds later), and then the keyboard fails. Here is a screenshot of the error:

Name:  Screenshot_2012-12-21-10-12-51.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  20.6 KB

I contacted the Samsung support about this issue, and they told me to factory reset my phone. I reset my phone to factory defaults and only installed the essential apps, but I still have the problem. I loved the GS series up until now, but this issue is so annoying that it makes me want to go get another phone right now.

I have the AT&T version btw.
    Last edited by KevinM; 12-21-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yes, me too! I'm also AT&T. That was the exact problem I was having, and it also drove me insane. I too thought of getting rid of the phone but ever since I downloaded the SwiftKey 3 the problem has completely gone away. Maybe it has something to do with AT&T version? Who knows. I highly recommend downloading the SwiftKey 3 or some other third party keyboard and switching to using that because once I did that it completely went away.

Member #
    Liked
    7632 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Swiftkey is amazing, but if you like swype as well, download Swiftkey Flow. You get the best of both worlds by simultaneously being able to type OR swype.

tap'n

Welcome to the Galaxy S3 Forums!

Guidelines of Conduct

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads