Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
    Member #
    Twitter
    @sarfdawg

Mobile Network not available

Need some help...

I have the Sprint version of the S3, and I'm rooted. I have the stock 4.0.4 rom and the Jelly Bean rom from XDA.

I tried to flash CMW Touch by downloading it directly to my SD card and going through CMW to get the install completed. Couldn't get it to work didn't think too much about it. Got in the car and realized I was getting no 3G or voice whatsoever. I was getting sporadic 4G but nothing else. I presumed that Sprint was tinkering again. Finally, I started to see I was getting a few bars for voice, but each time I tried to make a call, I would get "Mobile network not available." So I called Sprint, and the tech support tells me to dial ##-something, then after a while the whole thing comes back. I presume that Sprint got finished tinkering, and tech support really didn't do much - just coincidence.

Fast forward to today. I have some time, and I realize that I never got CMW Touch installed. So I try to flash it again, and then I realize my voice and 3G are gone again, but 4G and Wi-Fi are working like a charm. I also realize that Sprint isn't the one guilty of tinkering.

Since this afternoon, I have gotten as far as having a few voice bars, but more "mobile network not available." I suspect that the zip file I flashed must have been for another carrier even though I was certain it was for Sprint, and I also suspect my phone is getting bars from another carrier. That's just a suspicion.

Now for the $64,000 question. What have I done, and what do I do now? I suppose I could call Sprint back and hope for the best. Or, I could just come here and ask the real experts. Thanks for any help y'all can provide!

Member #
    Liked
    953 times
    Device
    International GT-I9300
    Welcome to the Forum. We need some additional info. You say you have the stock ROM and a Custom ROM...Which one is installed? My ROM has a 2G/3G/4G toggle. Does yours?

Member #
    Twitter
    @sarfdawg
    Thank you!

I am currently running Jelly Bean, but the problem exists on both ROMs.

I have wiped Dalvik, wiped cache, and tried reinstalling Jelly Bean, and nothing has helped.

I don't have a 2G/3G/4G toggle. All I have - in both ROMs - is an LTE/CDMA or just CDMA toggle.

Member #
    Twitter
    @sarfdawg
    To update, I have since updated the radio/modem to the newest version, and that didn't work. I have also flashed the most recent firmware update (modem, baseband, etc.), and that didn't work either. I'm an eyelash from having to download that app that rolls back the counter and take it back into the Sprint store for repair/replacement. Hoping to not have to do that.

Any further help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sarfdawg View Post
    To update, I have since updated the radio/modem to the newest version, and that didn't work. I have also flashed the most recent firmware update (modem, baseband, etc.), and that didn't work either. I'm an eyelash from having to download that app that rolls back the counter and take it back into the Sprint store for repair/replacement. Hoping to not have to do that.

Any further help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    did you found solution????
    if not try to flash this modem ariza04

Network problem after the update and sn 0000... Problem- solved !!! - xda-developers

Ads