Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
    Member #

Samsung Galaxy S3 paired with a Plantronics bluetooth headset but not connecting?

Hi,

I have only had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a few days and i've paired it sucessfully with my Plantronics Discovery 975 bluetooth headset but it isn't activating the headset when i'm making or receiving calls despite the phone showing it as paired?

I've used the same headset without any issues at all on my previous phone an HTC Touch HD 2.

Is there a setting i need to activate to make the headset the default for making or receiving calls or is there a known problem with this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated please :-)

Member #
    Liked
    1132 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by matd View Post
    Hi,

I have only had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a few days and i've paired it sucessfully with my Plantronics Discovery 975 bluetooth headset but it isn't activating the headset when i'm making or receiving calls despite the phone showing it as paired?

I've used the same headset without any issues at all on my previous phone an HTC Touch HD 2.

Is there a setting i need to activate to make the headset the default for making or receiving calls or is there a known problem with this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated please :-)
    I found on my S3 that "paired" doesn't necessarily mean "connected." Go to Settings\Bluetooth, then press on the device name. Where it previously said "Paired," it should now say "Connecting" and then "Connected." You'll have to do this every time you want to use the bluetooth. (If anyone knows a fix for that inconvenience, please tell us!).

I hope that works for you.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazonfemme View Post
    I found on my S3 that "paired" doesn't necessarily mean "connected." Go to Settings\Bluetooth, then press on the device name. Where it previously said "Paired," it should now say "Connecting" and then "Connected." You'll have to do this every time you want to use the bluetooth. (If anyone knows a fix for that inconvenience, please tell us!).

I hope that works for you.
    If you leave your S3 Bluetooth on, the device that was previously connected well automatically connect again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    1132 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by greatdaneduke View Post
    If you leave your S3 Bluetooth on, the device that was previously connected well automatically connect again.
    Hmmm. The earpiece I just returned to Best Buy didn't, but the Bluetooth speaker I bought to replace it does. Maybe my earpiece was defective.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    I had the same problem.
    My plantronics super-duper headset was working fine on my Galaxy S2, and has worked perfectly on my Galaxy S3 until this morning.
    So I was digging allover the net looking for some solution, but nothing seemed to address this.

On a suspiscion, I turned the Galaxy S3 off, and then on again.
    Paired it up, and voilą, works.

Member #
    I'm having the same problem with two different cars, and my home phone system. It says paired, but I have to go to "settings," "Wi-fi" and "connect" for the specific device everytime I get in the car or arrive at home, unlike the DroidX. Very inconvenient!

Member #
    I have a Jawbone Icon. It is paired. I cannot make a call out. If I press phone and dial, it works. But, I cannot make a handsfree call by saying "Call X" Anyone get around this?

Super Moderator furbearingmammal's Avatar
    The great northern wastes of NY state near Fort Drum.
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkic View Post
    I'm having the same problem with two different cars, and my home phone system. It says paired, but I have to go to "settings," "Wi-fi" and "connect" for the specific device everytime I get in the car or arrive at home, unlike the DroidX. Very inconvenient!
    You do know you're supposed to go into Bluetooth, not WiFi, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DrZini View Post
    I have a Jawbone Icon. It is paired. I cannot make a call out. If I press phone and dial, it works. But, I cannot make a handsfree call by saying "Call X" Anyone get around this?
    S-Voice is not compatible with the Icon's voice dial feature. Redial (double-press) works, but that doesn't help you call out. If you can get S-Voice to work on the phone (double-tap the home button), you should be able to get it to work that way, but it still defeats the hands-free feature of the headset, now doesn't it?
    Due to the lack of robots, our staff contains the occasional human being which may respond unpredictably to being abused. Please, be considerate so as to avoid unpredictable responses.

Hey, did you know I'm an author? I am. Curious? Check out my author page on Amazon or my blog.

Member #

linking samsung s3 with plantronics automatically when you get into your car

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    You do know you're supposed to go into Bluetooth, not WiFi, right?

S-Voice is not compatible with the Icon's voice dial feature. Redial (double-press) works, but that doesn't help you call out. If you can get S-Voice to work on the phone (double-tap the home button), you should be able to get it to work that way, but it still defeats the hands-free feature of the headset, now doesn't it?
    on samsung s3 , go to blue tooth, then on the linked devices there will be a small round ring. only click on that, then two option opencall audio - tick on this. and its done simple. samsung is the best

Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    Twitter
    BrownstotheBone
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 paired with a Plantronics bluetooth headset but not connecting?

I have a Motorola H720 and it works flawlessly. S Voice, everything. (just in case anyone was looking)

SCH-I535, Blue 32G, Stock, Nova, Tapatalk 2
    SCH-I535, Blue 32G, Stock, Nova

Ads