Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
    Member #
    Liked
    1109 times
    Twitter
    is a bird sound
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

SamsungDive Service-Remote Control

I am trying to activate and configure the Remote Control option with SamsungDive service in case I lose my phone or it's stolen. But I'm ready to pull my hair out (and I'd prefer to avoid being bald) because I cannot get this to work. I've registered online, verified my email address, and added the Samsung account on my phone. From all I can find I should now be able to go to Settings>Security>Find my Mobile to configure Remote Controls. Well, that's the problem. I don't have that section. Any thoughts? I've restarted my phone, removed the account, and readded the account with no luck.

Oh...this occurred to me just as I was ready to hit submit. Wonder if this has something to do with Samsung's site crash. I just chose to sync contacts and got a "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" message.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them."-Albert Einstein

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by da2zoe View Post
    I am trying to activate and configure the Remote Control option with SamsungDive service in case I lose my phone or it's stolen. But I'm ready to pull my hair out (and I'd prefer to avoid being bald) because I cannot get this to work. I've registered online, verified my email address, and added the Samsung account on my phone. From all I can find I should now be able to go to Settings>Security>Find my Mobile to configure Remote Controls. Well, that's the problem. I don't have that section. Any thoughts? I've restarted my phone, removed the account, and readded the account with no luck.

Oh...this occurred to me just as I was ready to hit submit. Wonder if this has something to do with Samsung's site crash. I just chose to sync contacts and got a "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" message.
    I have the same problem...did you fixed? How? Thanks!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SANTIAGO ROJAS View Post
    I have the same problem...did you fixed? How? Thanks!!!
    I, too, did not see the remote control setting. I see now that the feature is NOT on the US version of the phone, which mine is.

Member #

I, too, did not see the remote control setting. I see now that the feature is NOT on the US version of the phone, which mine is.

Junior Member bakedcorn@gmail.com's Avatar
    Member #

Hi Guys (new to the forums)...

To make a long story short, here is what I was able to do in order to enable the Remote Controls button.

1. Ensure that the SamsungDive account is registered via online and on the SIII
    2. Settings > Security > SIM Change Alert > Make the required changes (enable the feature - I can't recall if one is prompted to add a simple password - apologies!)
    3. Settings > Security > Remote Controls > now you will notice that the function is now enabled.

Hope this helps...

Ads