Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLEASE HELP! **

Member #

Unhappy Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLEASE HELP! **

Hey s3forums. I registered to this site in hopes that you pros can help out an ignorant sg3 owner. Got the phone a week ago and after some thought decided to try and root it. I followed a couple of quick reads and video checks and took my try. After failed attempts on Odin after opening PDA CF-Root I decided to just give up and keep my phone stock until a friend could successfully do the job for me. While powering down sg3 to get out of Download state, I got a vibration and this: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." GUYS I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE if you can get me links, helpful tips, guides, whatever possible to get me out of this situation. On the top left of the screen reads:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (2 counts)
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: Enable

THANKS AGAIN in advance to those nice enough to give me their time and effort in helping my poor and sad root attempt.

Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA127 View Post
    Hey s3forums. I registered to this site in hopes that you pros can help out an ignorant sg3 owner. Got the phone a week ago and after some thought decided to try and root it. I followed a couple of quick reads and video checks and took my try. After failed attempts on Odin after opening PDA CF-Root I decided to just give up and keep my phone stock until a friend could successfully do the job for me. While powering down sg3 to get out of Download state, I got a vibration and this: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." GUYS I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE if you can get me links, helpful tips, guides, whatever possible to get me out of this situation. On the top left of the screen reads:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (2 counts)
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: Enable

THANKS AGAIN in advance to those nice enough to give me their time and effort in helping my poor and sad root attempt.
    This is your stock firmware: http://www.hotfile.com/dl/161492098/...N_SPR.zip.html

Download it and unzip it one time using 7Zip.

Which version of Odin are you using?

Put your phone into download mode. Pull the battery. Reinsert it. Press and hold Volume Up+Volume Down(press in the middle)+Power Button until it reboots.

Launch Odin by right clicking it and selecting Run as Administrator. Ensure that nothing Samsung related is running in the background of your PC. Check the Task Manager.

Select the PDA slot in Odin and target the firmware you unzipped earlier.

Plug your phone in to the PC using the factory supplied USB cable. Do not use hub. Odin should detect your phone. Your PC may install some drivers.

Press start in Odin.

Let the phone fully reboot. Perform a factory wipe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Astrix likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    This is your stock firmware: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_SPR.zip

Put your phone into download mode. Pull the battery. Reinsert it. Press and hold Volume Up+Volume Down(press in the middle)+Power Button until it reboots.

Launch Odin by right clicking it and selecting Run as Administrator. Ensure that nothing Samsung related is running in the background of your PC. Check the Task Manager.

Plug your phone in to the PC using the factory supplied USB cable. Do not use hub. Odin should detect your phone. Your PC may install some drivers.

Press start in Odin.

Everything is good now. Thanks a lot! You really saved me.

Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    You are more than welcome!

Astrix likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7942 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Welcome to the forum!

tap'n

Welcome to the Galaxy S3 Forums!

Guidelines of Conduct

Member #
    I am currently in the process of downloading this file, slowly. I am having the exact same problem (I also posted on a similar thread, but turned out this the same phone I have, not the other), however, Odin never fully recognized my phone and I think that is why this happened. Apparently, the box at the top was supposed to turn yellow and have some numbers in it. Mine remained blank but showed that something was connected to the port ([com5]) in light blue. It is Odin3 v.3.04. Is this correct, or rather will I still be able to use this fix and if not, what can I do. Your help and expertise is very much appreciated.

Member #
    Edit, even though it seemed that Odin was not fully recognizing my phone, this fix worked and I was BEYOND relieved when it did! I am curious as to why the root didn't work, but I guess I'm not trying it again anytime soon so it really doesn't matter. Thank you to the site and mods for all of their constant help.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    This is your stock firmware: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_SPR.zip

Press start in Odin.

hey, so i have the same problem and im doing all of this, i put my phone into download mode and plug it in and use oden to target the unzipped file, put it in the pda and press start, but every time it says failed. Please help! o and the file link i downloaded from you shows up as a md5 instead of a .tar after i extract it
    Last edited by Jason; 09-06-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times

Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLEASE HELP! **

Sounds like a bad download. I would redownload the file and try again. Its OK that's its .tar.md5

The md5 is a safety check to make sure the file is valid.

Member #
    Hi there! I have accomplished the same failure with a SGH-I747. I will dutifully follow the same instructions if someone can tell me that the linked firmware is correct for my model, or post a link to the correct firmware. Thanks!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ads