Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLEASE HELP! **

Member #
    Liked
    272 times

Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLEASE HELP! **

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi there! I have accomplished the same failure with a SGH-I747. I will dutifully follow the same instructions if someone can tell me that the linked firmware is correct for my model, or post a link to the correct firmware. Thanks!
    That is not the i747 firmware needed. This is the one for the i747 from AT&T:

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/163588704/...1_ATT.zip.html

Sent from my GT-I9300

Member #
    Thanks! I will try with that.. wish me luck

Member #
    Failed with Odin3 v3.04.. any suggestions?

UPDATE: Tried again with \KIES_HOME_I747MVLALH1_I747MOYCALH1_20120814.10051 3_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    and it worked! Whew...

thanks for advice, i'm a hero with the gf now lol
    Last edited by Jess; 09-09-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Failed with Odin3 v3.04.. any suggestions?

UPDATE: Tried again with \KIES_HOME_I747MVLALH1_I747MOYCALH1_20120814.10051 3_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    and it worked! Whew...

thanks for advice, i'm a hero with the gf now lol
    Hey,
    I have the same problem as the above members. Unfortunately, ever file i've tried or downloaded from all other threads i've read haven't worked. However the file you list above is one I have not seen. Does anyone else know where I can find that file?
    I am a totally new person to all this and was told it was easy by a friend so please have patience with me as i know literally nothing about this process and just thought I would try it out.

Thanks ALOT! i am in extreme panic.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Both my wife and myself have the same Galaxy S 3 with the exception that I rooted mine and not hers. We received a recent Samsung Software update and hers took it the first time but mine has refused it continuously. I have tried downloading it many times (it keeps reminding me the software update is available) but the result is always the same. The CWM menu appears at the top letting me reboot the system now (highlighted). I do and it brings me back without the update.

The bottom screen narration:
    CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4
    E: Invalid command argument
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I'm looking forward to the Jelly Bean O/S soon - I hope this isn't going to run into a similar problem

Any help will be helpful.
    Last edited by KeepItSimple; 10-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Member #
    I had the same exact problem as the original poster, almost verbatim. After a series of failed attempts at rooting with Odin, I gave up and my phone did the same thing. Only difference of course is that mine says:

Product name:SGH-T999
    Custom Binary Download: Yes (5 counts)
    Current Binary: Custom
    System Status: Official
    Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

Ollie, do you have the link to the stock firmware for my model? I have to go through the motions too. Also, is there any way to back up my phone without being able to access it (aka from my computer)? I have a lot of apps and data on there that I'd prefer saved somewhere before the memory is wiped.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1monorail View Post
    I had the same exact problem as the original poster, almost verbatim. After a series of failed attempts at rooting with Odin, I gave up and my phone did the same thing. Only difference of course is that mine says:

Custom Binary Download: Yes (5 counts)

Ollie, do you have the link to the stock firmware for my model? I have to go through the motions too. Also, is there any way to back up my phone without being able to access it (aka from my computer)? I have a lot of apps and data on there that I'd prefer saved somewhere before the memory is wiped.
    So I am In mach1monorail's boat

Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 counts)

Also before I realized that the firm wear for the original poster was SPR I was following your directions to reset buy removing the battery my phone does not seem to want to do that... as soon as I hit the power button after it turns off it comes up with the same Firmware upgrade encountered message will I be able to install from there anyway?

Member #
    Haha I think I found it SGH-T999_TMB_T999UVALH2_T999TMBALH2_T999UVLH2: Linked on this site h://androidromupdate.com/2012/08/25/restore-back-t-mobile-samsung-galaxy-s3-sgh-t999-back-to-original-ics-4-0-4-t999uvalh2-stock-firmware/

Member #

firmware

Quote Originally Posted by MarkA127 View Post
    Hey s3forums. I registered to this site in hopes that you pros can help out an ignorant sg3 owner. Got the phone a week ago and after some thought decided to try and root it. I followed a couple of quick reads and video checks and took my try. After failed attempts on Odin after opening PDA CF-Root I decided to just give up and keep my phone stock until a friend could successfully do the job for me. While powering down sg3 to get out of Download state, I got a vibration and this: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." GUYS I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE if you can get me links, helpful tips, guides, whatever possible to get me out of this situation. On the top left of the screen reads:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (2 counts)
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: Enable

THANKS AGAIN in advance to those nice enough to give me their time and effort in helping my poor and sad root attempt.
    is this the right stock for mine, mine just rebooted and wont go past the s3 logo

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Device
    United States SPH-L710

Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLEASE HELP! **

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimple View Post
    Both my wife and myself have the same Galaxy S 3 with the exception that I rooted mine and not hers. We received a recent Samsung Software update and hers took it the first time but mine has refused it continuously. I have tried downloading it many times (it keeps reminding me the software update is available) but the result is always the same. The CWM menu appears at the top letting me reboot the system now (highlighted). I do and it brings me back without the update.

The bottom screen narration:
    CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4
    E: Invalid command argument
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I'm looking forward to the Jelly Bean O/S soon - I hope this isn't going to run into a similar problem

Any help will be helpful.
    If all you have done is root the phone and load a custom recovery, just flash the stock recovery back to the phone with odin to take the update. You could also do that through terminal since your already rooted if your familiar with the commands. I think cwm has a way to flash the ota updates but I never got one to pass muster.

Oh btw.. don't forget to backup your root.

As a side note there are some one click versions of the sprint stock jb rom with and without root injected over at xda.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ads