Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Taking pictures after adding microSD card. Where did they go?

My GS3 came with 16GB. I added 16GB. Went to a wedding and took lots of photos and shot some video. As usual, I connected my phone to laptop with USB to Micro USB cable. Imported to Picasa. NO PROBLEMS. Now when I take photos my laptop does not see all photos on phone, using Picasa, when I connect and try to import. My laptop sees them on the phone when using the Windows photo viewer and looking at the camera as a drive. I am guessing the phone is using both memory cards but my Picasa software only sees one. Something changed since I added the 16GB of memory and after I used it successfully at the wedding. Setting?

I solved this problem by removing the microSD card and using an adapter to plug it into my laptops USB ports and then importing to Picasa. This is a pain so I want to go back the the way it was originally. Hope this made sense. Any help or suggestions?

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Twitter
    cindylike24
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by AXyoyomama View Post
    My GS3 came with 16GB. I added 16GB. Went to a wedding and took lots of photos and shot some video. As usual, I connected my phone to laptop with USB to Micro USB cable. Imported to Picasa. NO PROBLEMS. Now when I take photos my laptop does not see all photos on phone, using Picasa, when I connect and try to import. My laptop sees them on the phone when using the Windows photo viewer and looking at the camera as a drive. I am guessing the phone is using both memory cards but my Picasa software only sees one. Something changed since I added the 16GB of memory and after I used it successfully at the wedding. Setting?

I solved this problem by removing the microSD card and using an adapter to plug it into my laptops USB ports and then importing to Picasa. This is a pain so I want to go back the the way it was originally. Hope this made sense. Any help or suggestions?

Thank you.
    You're making perfect sense to me. When you connect your phone to your laptop, are you connecting as a media device or as a camera? That may have something to do with your laptop being able to see the pictures on the phone since you installed your new SD card.

Member #
    Liked
    10023 times
    Device
    other
    Welcome to the forum!
    One of the problems with the S3 is you can't actually see thumbnails of the photos on your phone (when hooked up to your pc) unless you open each file/jpg individually, regardless of whether they are stored internally or on the ext sd card. It's the most ridiculous thing ever, for such a high end phone, and has been a thorn in my side since I got this device. :banghead:

tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I believe that is actually a windows setting. Something to do with seeing thumbnails on remote drive or something like that. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Tapping on my S3

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Member #
    Liked
    10023 times
    Device
    other
    Thanks occifer......but I don't know that it's my pc that has the problem as I can view all the thumbnails when I connect my Fascinate and D's Charge.
    When you connect YOUR S3 to your pc can you see the photos in thumbnail form? I know this has been an issue with most people with an S3. Unless I physically transfer them all to my pc, then I can see them, but simply connected via usb cable....no go.

tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    4377 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Thanks occifer......but I don't know that it's my pc that has the problem as I can view all the thumbnails when I connect my Fascinate and D's Charge.
    When you connect YOUR S3 to your pc can you see the photos in thumbnail form? I know this has been an issue with most people with an S3. Unless I physically transfer them all to my pc, then I can see them, but simply connected via usb cable....no go.

tap'n
    This is due to the s3 not mounting as a ums device. There is a way to enable ums storage on the phone for root users. You can then see things on the sd card as they are... However if you use custom ringers for contacts that are stored on the sd you will have to set those ringers back up after you use the ums. Or just transfer ring tones to internal storage

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    1065 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Humm. I'll look deeper into it.
    I hadn't tried it yet. I just remember running into this before on a network and figured it would be the issue.

Tapping on my S3

Remove Ads

Ads