Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I need to backup my Samsung Galaxy S4 SMS messages to PC

Member #
    Device
    United States SCH-L710

I need to backup my Samsung Galaxy S4 SMS messages to PC

Android phone is pretty good for connecting people and digital entertainment. Unfortunately, lucky people with an Android phone would probably meet this annoying problem that they can't transfer SMS to PC. There are two common reasons why Android users want to export their sent and received SMS to stock them on the PC.Now I also face the same problem,what can I do to transfer my Samsung Galaxy S4 SMS messages to PC for backup?

Member #
    Liked
    1989 times
    Device
    other
    Samsung Kies.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    2074 times
    Device
    none
    I'm a bit confused, as you're asking about your S4 (model and carrier, please) yet your profile shows you using an SCH-L710, which is an S3 (CDMA) on the Sprint or similar network.
    If you need help with your S4, we have a sister forum http://www.galaxys4forums.net/forum/forum.php that may be better at providing help. :thumbup:

Which do you need help with?
    grenefroggie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9950 times
    Device
    other
    Welcome to the forum!

tap'n

Member #
    Liked
    5970 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Welcome to the forum! I use SMS Backup and Restore to back up my texts. Then Dropsync sends them to my Dropbox account for viewing on my PC whenever I want.
    CR6, rocer, pixeline and 1 others like this.
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by hilltoper View Post
    Android phone is pretty good for connecting people and digital entertainment. Unfortunately, lucky people with an Android phone would probably meet this annoying problem that they can't transfer SMS to PC. There are two common reasons why Android users want to export their sent and received SMS to stock them on the PC.Now I also face the same problem,what can I do to transfer my Samsung Galaxy S4 SMS messages to PC for backup?
    Unlike the files in sd card, we can't access the phone internal memory data and also can't be detected by computer, so we need some tools to help scan and find the text messages.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Device
    other
    For Backup and Restore I'm using the free version of Super Backup.
    It worked well when I had to do a factory reset on my S3. I recently replaced my S3 with an S5 and it worked well there as well.
    I have it set to backup once a week, contacts, SMS, Apps (list only), Bookmarks, phone logs and I think one other thing I don't use. It emails them to myself, thus they are available on my PC. I am not reading them there if that is what you're looking for. Not sure if it will do that.
    I have my SMS to only keep the last 50 in my phone so I'm sure they are not backed up. Although I could restore an old set and read on my phone.

The only small issue I had was with the new phone and the factory reset I had to run the app and backup the clean or new phone for the file folders to exist. Then I just replaced them with the ones from my email via USB as a drive. Then the app restored them one at a time.

Member #
    Device
    Canada SGH-I747M
    Use Samsung Kies
    A app from Samsung that can help you to back up many things in your phone, like memo, contact, pict, songs, and many more.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by hilltoper View Post
    Indeed, as for transfer data from Samsung Galaxy to PC, you can try the Samsung Smart Switch. It can help you backup all of your data inside your phone and restore them, which is quite useful. But I have no idea whether it can be used on backup your messages. Or you can try to use the Phone Transfer, which also support to backup and transfer data. In this method, you can import your messages as a visible file type instead of encrypted data. Maybe these can help you out.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    United States SCH-R530
    As for me, to backup my Samsung Galaxy S4 SMS messages on computer, I think you can through the Samsung backup tool to do, then you can know how easy to do this thing, it is a safe and clean way. Just connect the Samsung phone to computer, then you can transfer all files to your PC directly.
    Last edited by deveauwelle32; 11-07-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    CR6 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads