Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brucebanner77

Thread: How to play music stored on my samsung 3s using my car speakers

Member #

How to play music stored on my samsung 3s using my car speakers

Hi there,
    I have andriod samsumg 3s. I have songs file on the phone but how to play these songs on my car speakers. My friend has iphone and he can do it through fm. please guide

Member #
    Liked
    1604 times
    Twitter
    @maycruising
    If you dont have the aux port in your car then you're probably gonna need an FM transmitter. I bought one from amazon and it works pretty good and it was pretty cheap!

This is the one I got

Amazon.com: eForCity FM Transmitter Car Charger For SamsungŠ Galaxy S 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Twitter
    @brucebanner77

Re: How to play music stored on my samsung 3s using my car speakers

As May said an Aux. port will work, or a gmail transmitter. Also Bluetooth or a USB cable if ur deck is equipped with any of those.

Tippy Tappin on Tapatalk with Sammy's S3

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I spent some time playing with this yesterday. I have an aftermarket car stereo with a USB port that works well with flash drives or my old iPod. I have to control my iPod through my stereo so it's not quite ideal, but the sound is great. I believe the file protocol is specific to Apple so it will not work well with my S3. It will occasionally work with my old Droid 2 the same way it works with flash drives, but I can't see playlists or albums or anything, just folders. Not sure if it will work with my S3 if I had a SD card, I still have to try that out.

To use bluetooth I would need some sort of box, even though it says "bluetooth ready". And the box is over $100, I might as well get a new stereo. I would be interested to hear about anyone who's used theirs with bluetooth though as I like the concept, I just don't know how good the sound quality would be.

The best way I can currently listen to my S3 in my car is through my Aux input, but I lose a significant amount of sound quality doing it this way, and I'm pretty picky about that. So I usually end up listening to a flash drive or iPod.

If anyone knows a better way please let me know, of if you know of any car stereo's that are compatible with the S3 via USB I'd consider a switch.

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Twitter
    @brucebanner77

I have a old Jvc (2009) it has 2 USB connects, aux and Bluetooth. It is advertised as "iPod/iPhone control" but with this phone the sound is great. I had a blackberry and used it with that deck and thru Bluetooth the sound sucked, had to have aux for good sound, got my Droidx2, the sound via bluetooth improved. The S3 sounds great using all three. U have to adjust the phone volume to match the deck or it will sound distorted.

Beast_Mode likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks! The sound quality did improve when I turned on the EQ, but it still just sounded weird over Aux. I think my girlfriend has bluetooth though so maybe I'll try hers out. My USB wouldn't even recognize my S3 no matter what I did.

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Twitter
    @brucebanner77

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_Mode View Post
    Thanks! The sound quality did improve when I turned on the EQ, but it still just sounded weird over Aux. I think my girlfriend has bluetooth though so maybe I'll try hers out. My USB wouldn't even recognize my S3 no matter what I did.
    How old is ur deck? Maybe the USB version on the deck is not supported by the phone or vice versa. Ima try t t ppl make it my business to play around with all 3 scenarios. I've been seeing other ppl have issues using they're s3 with their radio.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner77 View Post
    How old is ur deck? Maybe the USB version on the deck is not supported by the phone or vice versa. Ima try t t ppl make it my business to play around with all 3 scenarios. I've been seeing other ppl have issues using they're s3 with their radio.

I probably bought it in 2008, it's not that old. As-advertised it works well with my iPod via USB and I had to control the iPod through my stereo controls. It's just not Android compatible, I could probably get it to work with my S3 if I connected it as a mass storage device, but out of the box it won't do that.

Ads