Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums

View Poll Results: How Much Do You Use The Standards "Music Player"?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Phone Plays Music?

0 0%
  • I Use Another Music App

5 50.00%
  • I've Used It A Couple Of Times

1 10.00%
  • I Use It One In A While

1 10.00%
  • I Use It Regularly

0 0%
  • I Use It All The Time!

3 30.00%
  • I Can't Hear You Because I'm Using it Now!

0 0%
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Music stops playing (volume goes down by itself)

Hi Folks

Okay... Pardon me as I continue to find little problems one by one with my new S3. This latest one keeps re-occurring and I'm getting desperate to fix it.

As mentioned in my very first post here, I bought the S3 last week to do 4 things:

1) Telephone
    2) Alarm Clock
    3) Music Player
    4) Camera

So... I figured out how to get the Media Player Icon on my home screen (which took a little doing... I had to get rid of something else; but we'll save that for another post)......

Once I figured out that there is no "Stop" button on the player (you actually have to go to "Options" and then hit "Exit" just to get the music player to stop, who would have thunk it?), I was able to progress and actually start using the music player.

If you are like me (hey... it could happen) you listen to music with the included earbuds or have found your own. I ride my motorcycle all over and (like my old phone) I constantly jamb out to tunes via my earbuds. I have my music player set to "random" so it mixes my tunes up nicely.

Now I will say that using the "Normal" audio settings, I can really get the tunes to crank through the earbuds. The custom (which was nice; but I couldn't keep it cranked because at the start of every song, it would automatically turn the volume lower) or "automatic" settings that also really restrict the volume and as mentioned in one of my other posts, I want it loud! Thus, I've been keeping the settings at "Normal".

I absolutely love that I can skip to the next song by double-clicking the bottom earbuds button. Even on twisties, I have enough dexterity to reach that button and skip the tunes I'm just not in the mood for... Handy.... yes.

Okay... So let's get to the Music Player Problem.

I'm riding down the road, in the middle of a song and suddenly, the volume starts lowering itself until I hear nothing. To be clear, there are no incoming calls or incoming texts, so this is NOT the source of the problem. It just decides on its own that I've heard enough. The TIMING of the problem is completely random. Sometimes it happens after 5 minutes, sometimes after 35 minutes.

Typically, I have to muckle the earbuds and turn the volume up; but sometimes, I need to skip a song (the aforementioned "double-click" of the "pause" button) and THEN crank the volume up. Sometimes, I even need to stop, pull the phone off my hip, unlock it, go to the music menu and actually restart the application!

Okay S3 Experts.... Can you hit me up with the fix?

Thanks Everyone!
    Justin

Member #
    Liked
    7265 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    Sorry to hear about your problems!
    I know a lot of our members use alternate music players, but the stock one suits me just fine.
    On the stock player the pause button and the stop are essentially the same thing. It stops your music from playing. If you want to move forward a track, hit that button, move back hit that button. Fast forward within a song, hold the forward button etc. To stop the music and do something else within the player, just hit the pause button, then hit the back soft key at the bottom of your phone. From there you can then open up a new playlist, etc. To exit out of the player, hit the menu button as you already know.
    As for the music volume lowering by itself, I would have to say it's a problem with your earbuds. Does this happen only with the earbuds in or all the time? Have you tried a different set of buds? Does this only happen when you're driving down the road on your bike? Perhaps the volume button on the buds are being pushed somehow?
    I would say start out by trying to check off the questions above one by one and go from there. If it's the buds, drop by your Verizon store and they'll probably replace them for you no charge. I've never had a problem with the stock player or the earbuds.
    Good luck!

Welcome to the Galaxy S3 Forums!

Guidelines of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

As for the music player, I learned the hard way that one really needs to hit "exit" through the options screen to shut it down when not in use, as when in the, "pause" state will have the app running in the background and will literally suck your battery dry in no time.. (Don't believe me? Check for yourself!).....

The earbuds are the ones that came with the new phone. Nothing is hitting the volume button.... as far as I can tell, and because this his happens just while sitting around as much as it happens riding down the road.

I've never used the media player WITHOUT the earbuds.....

I'll check with the Verizon store tomorrow to see if new ones will solve the problem; but it strikes me as weird the problem happens because of them.... who knows though; I'll check it out.

Member #
    Liked
    7265 times
    Device
    United States SCH-I535

Re: Music stops playing (volume goes down by itself)

Definitely try using the app without the earbuds or with a different pair so at least you can narrow it down to whether or not it's the player itself or if it's the buds. Otherwise Verizon will more than likely have you do a factory reset, and you only want to do that as a last resort.
    Good luck!

tap'n

Welcome to the Galaxy S3 Forums!

Guidelines of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

Re: Music stops playing (volume goes down by itself)

This lowering of the volume has also happened to me. I thought the earbuds were shorting out from my sweat as I was working out each time this happened. I placed a piece of duct tape on the in line controls and it stopped doing that. Now my problem is that when my earbuds are plugged in and I'm listening to music, no notifications are coming through. They are played outside of the buds. That is completely moronic, but according to Samsung it is how the phone is although others on this forum say they don't have that problem. I'm not rooted btw

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Redwing....

Just so you know, when using the music player if a call comes in, the music volume goes down and I get the "beep" and ringer telling me of an incoming call.... so I too am NOT having the problem you are reporting.... happily for me, though I regret that you are experiencing that problem.

San
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I use PowerAmp.. I love it.. no issues for me at all

Ads