Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Reigster at Galaxy S3 Forums
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flintlock

Thread: My 2 cents on batteries

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    NONE
    Device
    United States SPH-L710

My 2 cents on batteries

A couple of years ago Fox News did a story regarding an eleven-year-old girl woke up one morning to the smell of something burning. It was her Samsung phone (no mention of which model). It was her battery, and it was a non-OEM battery. Bottom line Samsung replaced her phone with an OEM Samsung battery. Samsung warned owners to replace the batteries with Samsung. I own two Samsung phones, Focus S and S III. I have 5 batteries for the Focus, and the original for the S III. Recently batteryuniversity.com had a piece regarding LI batteries. I buy all my replacement OEM batteries from eBay. I only had one battery give me a problem. A couple of months ago I bought 2 from a seller that would not hold a charge very well. The seller suggested I charge the batteries 12-16 hours for the first 2 or 3 cycles. That helped! When I needed an external charger I bought a UBOC charger. It has adjustable pins. Battery University states that the LI batteries made in the last couple of years can stand the extra time in a charger. During the day I will check the battery that is being charged for any very warm temp. So far no problems. I like the idea regarding an external battery pack, but I have extra batteries for my Focus. Recently I went to a Goodwill store and found 2 brand new Motorola 12V chargers for $2 a piece. I bought one, plugged it in the Focus, and it charged. I went back and bought the other one. I later found out that these were a Motorola fast charger that were $12 or so new. I think my S III is either 3 or 4 years old. It still is doing a good job, but I think it is due for a new one. Please feel free to make comments as I am always looking for better ways to do things. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    4158 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    I generally only go with OEM batteries but feel I've had good luck with the Ankers with my Note 4.

Note 4tified
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    NONE
    Device
    United States SPH-L710
    Thanks for your suggestion. It took a page to learn what this was as I had never heard of "ankers". Can the S III use this without a battery inside the phone? What size are you using? I'm just using mine as an audio player.And I have just about used every battery saving setting I can figure it has.

Member #
    Liked
    4158 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Device
    other
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer1963 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. It took a page to learn what this was as I had never heard of "ankers". Can the S III use this without a battery inside the phone? What size are you using? I'm just using mine as an audio player.And I have just about used every battery saving setting I can figure it has.
    Ankers is actually a brand of after market battery. Have you looked at the zero lemon option. It's a massive battery that should last a good while only using for music.

Note 4tified
    With the end of the season comes countless hours of longing to be back in the woods with bow in hand and the chase in your heart.

~FRED BEAR~

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    NONE
    Device
    United States SPH-L710
    Yesterday I did look up the zero lemon. Since I don't sleep very well I hooked the S III (with the FM transmitter) to my late dad's Bose radio.. I also will use the two when I take a long trip. Several hours ago the battery was plugged into a charger, and I noticed a 3% drop within a couple of minutes. I may need a new battery later. Both vehicles that I own have several 12V plugins.

Member #
    Liked
    5943 times
    Twitter
    FaithFamilyTech
    Device
    United States SCH-I535
    I'm using the Zero Lemon as my daily driver battery. I don't mind the extra bulk it adds to my S3. I bet you could get several days (or more) using it to just play audio on an S3.
    When I'm not hanging out here I'm blogging at http://www.faithfamilyandtechnology.com/

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceGuy View Post
    I'm using the Zero Lemon as my daily driver battery. I don't mind the extra bulk it adds to my S3. I bet you could get several days (or more) using it to just play audio on an S3.
    I use the zerolemon too. It's added bulk makes it more comfortable to me. The naked S3 is like holding a wet watermelon seed. It's three batteries in parallel.
    VoiceGuy likes this.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    I generally only go with OEM batteries but feel I've had good luck with the Ankers with my Note 4.

Note 4tified
    OEM all the way. @Drummer1963 Don't risk it with getting crappy batteries. Think of your phone as a few hundred dollar investment because guess what, that's what it is. All the best!

Member #
    Liked
    9837 times
    Device
    other
    Welcome to the forum Eric!

S7 Edge tap'n

Remove Ads

Ads